Penelope's Right

"Pen, it's us. We're coming in." JJ opened the door for me and I was met by at least 30 computer screens outlined by colorful posters, tchotchkes of various animals, and too many fluffy pencils to count. My eyes finally landed on someone who I immediately knew could be classified by one word: adorable.

"Oh. My. Gosh. You two need to warn me next time you bring a new agent for me to meet," her gaze shifted to me, "I'd have a gift ready for you or at least a better hug prepared." She got up from her office chair and caught me in a huge hug, my first of the day. "My name is Penelope Garcia, the BAU's fountain of knowledge. You must be Y/F/N Y/L/N— don't be alarmed but I already know too much about you, it's a habit of the job."

I was shocked by her extremely forward personality but also overjoyed that I'd get to work with someone so uplifting.

"Haha, hi. Yeah I'm Y/N, it's so great to meet you. I love your lair; this poster of all the female Avengers is my personal favorite, though. How awesome is Captain Marvel? She's the love of my life." At this, Penelope looked me up and down but before she could make any assumptions, I added: "Yes, I'm gay."

She smiled so wide I knew it must have hurt and exclaimed, "Ha! I could've guessed based on what you just told me! Em is too by the way." Part of me was obviously happy to be accepted in such an inclusive way, but the other part of me couldn't help but be disappointed by the fact that Penelope didn't also say that JJ's gay.

"Well I should probably go set up my desk, it's looking a little bland at the moment. Em thanks so much for introducing me to everyone, and JJ and Penelope it was great to meet you both. I can't wait to get to know you better." With that, I opened the door and left the three of them alone to chat, presumably about me.

Third person POV
As soon as the door shut behind Y/N, Penelope wasted no time on the gossip: "Okay, she is HOT. Phew. Definitely looking forward to working with that. Shame though, she's obviously into JJ."

JJ's jaw fell to the floor, while Emily just stood with her arms crossed over her chest nodding her head in silence. Noticing Emily's smirk, JJ stammered, "Wh—what? You agree with her?" All Emily could do was keep smirking.

Penelope, however, had plenty to say, "Jayje I know it's been a while since you've dated a girl but I think it's time to dust off your bi gears and get some. Get some Y/N. You know I've always rooted for a workplace romance. Plus she could help you take care of the boys when they aren't at Will's... OMG that would be so cute, imagine Y/N with kids—"

JJ was clearly considering it, but she was reluctant to act on her feelings, "Pen! Slow down.. guys, I— I don't know. It's been so long since I've dated a girl I feel like— like it wouldn't work out but then I'd still have to see her every day in the office. It's too complicated, I'm not sure."

"Don't you like her, though? I mean if I had the opportunity to scoop that up I'd take it in a heartbeat. Did you know she has an IQ of 143, too? And that she spent two years after college living in Ecuador doing community service? Ugh- hot, smart, AND nice. Come onnn, Jayje!"

"Garcia stop hacking her portfolio, I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate that."

"You're avoiding my question, blondie: Do you like her?"

JJ sighed and started biting her nails, "Yes, I definitely think she's attractive, okay? But I'm still not gonna press anything."

"Fine. But don't be surprised when she asks you out, because that's coming any minute, you know I'm right ."

Even though she didn't want to admit it, JJ thought to herself Penelope's right.