xviii

" 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛', 𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑚𝑏𝑖𝑛' 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒 "

1 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓:

Tᴜᴇsᴅᴀʏ 3:46 ᴘᴍ-

"Lost time is never found again." -Benjamin Franklin. Well, what if we didn't know the time we were wasting was valuable? Would it make greif sting more knowing that instead of letting time pass, you could have been doing something-anything to help your loved one?

The sound of a woman's voice echoed inside of the tall slender man's head. Lev clenched his eyes, furrowing his eyebrows: the voice didn't sound like Anya's at all.

Ironic how the human brain works isn't it? You could be on the verge of death and before you ever think of how to get yourself to safety, you think of your most loved one.

For Lev, it was his wife, Anya.

What he couldn't seem to grasp nor remember was her voice. Our bodies and minds work in very different ways, but also we all work alike. Think of someone you haven't seen in a while: can you remember their voice? You may always remember and know how they talk or even respond to a question, but you can't remember the way their voice sounds: the way they sing, the way they hum that sweet melody.

A slight anxious feeling started to rise in the gray haired man's chest. The one voice that he needed to hear right now was vanishing. His eyes fluttered open and glanced around the same room again. Over and over, day by day, minute by minute, second by second; Lev tried to find a way out.

All this time his life was spared when he was so close to seeing the light of death: why? Did they keep him alive so he could tell his story? Was this all some sort of sick game of torture for fun? So far neither Lev nor Kuroo has talked about any information; hopefully it stays that way too.

Lev met Kuroo and Kenma when they were all just teens. Thinking about how they all got into the criminal world always made him feel disappointed. Deep down Lev knew Kuroo had so much going for him: honestly if Kenma and him never friended Kuroo, Kuroo would've never been here.

The three were all close but Lev and Kenma would usually keep Kuroo at a distance. If only Lev was there that night when Kenma needed him, Kuroo wouldn't have been dragged down into this life.

Ever since that night Kuroo had felt like it was his job or something to protect Lev along with Kenma: Kenma the most. But being that Kenma has the stubborn and independent personality there was nothing Kuroo and Lev could really do but stay by his side.

But never think that the friendship was one-sided; hell no. Kenma was a good person deep down, deep. He was always there for the two just like they were for him; but it came with all the trust he had built with the two.

Coming back to this moment, Lev wondered if Kenma would ever start to catch on to them being missing. Sure Lev never had any doubt in Kenma-never, but it being almost a month now he just can't help but have little worry.

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

Fʀɪᴅᴀʏ 2:57 ᴀᴍ-

His eyes tightened shut as he murmured frightened words under his breath. With a slight twitch to his upper body, Kenma suddenly opened his eyes with panic and heavy breathing. He sat up and leaned back on the headboard of your bed, his eyes searching the dark lit room coming to his senses that he was staying the night at your place.

Nightmares.

He only had them when he had stress and this particular stress came from Lev and Kuroo. It has been almost two weeks since Kenma and the others found out that Kuroo and Lev are missing.

Them being gone for over a month didn't help either. Kenma was surprisingly calm when it came down to things like this but this just wasn't any other member that had been taken, these were the two closest people he had to a family.

The group didn't just take Lev, but Kuroo also? Kenma was determined to spill blood, no matter if he had to spill his own in the process.

He let out a small sigh and looked to his left seeing your still, peaceful figure: you were laid on your side with your back to him letting out small, quiet snores. His eyes stayed on your body looking at the way your body raised and fell with every breath you took.

He quietly got up from the bed, making his way out of your bedroom. He closed the door behind him and started down the stairs of your penthouse. When his feet touched the floor of the first level, his eyes glanced over the furniture boxes still unpacked in the open concept living and dining room. He got to the front door and grabbed his black jacket that was hung up, putting it on swiftly.

He slipped on shoes before grabbing his keys out of his jacket pocket, leaving the penthouse with the sound of the door closing behind him.

Kenma's knuckles knocked on the big wooden door before he stuffed his hand back into his jacket pocket. The night breeze blew calmly past his face bringing him a hint of relaxation.

After a minute or two, the door opened showing Akaashi. Akaashi scanned Kenma's tensed figure: his hair was up in a ponytail showing the bags that were casted under his eyes. His weight was shifted to his right leg showing that he was impatient at this moment. "Have you come to your senses?" Akaashi finally spoke looking back into Kenma's eyes.

"I'm not here for that bullshit ass offer." Kenma answered slightly annoyed. Akaashi raised an eyebrow, "Then what?" Kenma stood up straight, balancing his weight on both legs as he brought his hands out his pocket and crossing them over his chest. "Who took my family?"

Akaashi's eyes twinkled with amusement, "Family? Once upon a time I remember you using that word for me too." Kenma was on thin patience; he stepped into Akaashi's house, grabbing ahold of his shirt collar. "Does it look like I wanna have a dumbass chat down memory lane right now?! I know you know, now you better start fucking talking before I cut your eye out and watch that excitement die out of it."

Akaashi's eyes slightly squinted as he glanced over Kenma's face. Kenma's six foot three height towered over Akaashi's five foot eleven height; Akaashi knew that even when there were no weapons, he still couldn't take on Kenma.

Akaashi knew that he was staring at death itself and couldn't take any chance of fucking up his plans to get his revenge: not yet. A small smirk grew on his face as his eyes met with Kenma's, "Fine."

"