The Right Kind of Wrong (6)

Chapter Six 

"If you have better things to do than talk to people like us, I have no idea why you even bothered to chat in the first place..." Albus mumbled, as he watched Scorpius go. If it wasn't for this whole peace thing that he was trying out, he was sure he probably would have punched the git. 

Lily meanwhile, had shrugged off the event and had resumed her previous activities. 

Rose sighed as the silence of the Library enveloped her as she continued reading. Her fingers played with the worn corner of the page she was reading, the scent of parchment filling her nose. It was a comforting scent. Rose leaned back and yawned and stretched. The silence calmed her from the events of earlier and she once again felt at ease with the world and back to her normal self. That Malfoy just awakened something in her that drove Rose wild and had her act unlike herself and she wasn't sure what it was. It was always relieving to be away from his presence and recollect her thoughts. A content sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes, basking in the solitude. 

* * * * * 

Scorpius breathed in the peacefulness of the Library. He smiled. He was alone in there. Nice. Just the way he wanted. He walked quietly, not wanting to disturb the peaceful silence. Something from the back of the room caught his eye. He walked toward it and saw Rose sitting alone with her eyes closed. He silently watched her, noticing how peaceful and lovely she is. Forgetting that he hated the silent attraction he has for her, he absent-mindedly walked toward her. She didn't notice him, so he continued to look at her face. When he was in front of her, he felt the sudden urge to touch her face. He wanted to caress her cheeks. He imagined touching it, and feeling the soft, warm skin. Without thinking at all, he leaned down, closer and closer to her face. He glanced at her lips. And his feelings coming over him, he kissed her very softly. The moment his lips touched hers, though, he came to his senses. And before she could open her eyes, he was already hiding in one of the many bookshelves in the Library. His heart was beating fast. What has he done? He was sweating. He was nervous -- which was very new to him. The last time he was nervous, it was his first day at Hogwarts. That felt ages ago. 

He slid down, and ended up sitting on the floor, leaning his back on the shelf. He covered his face with his hands. Conclusion was slowly forming in his mind. Conclusions he certainly didn't want to think about. He cursed inwardly. The puzzle was complete. 

There was only one explanation to what he did: He was infatuated with Rose Weasley. And there's nothing he can do about it. 

Lily Potter might be right. One day, he might admit to everyone what he felt for Rose Weasley. And when that day comes, it will ruin him. 

"No," he whispered out loud. "I won't let it happen. I'll stop this before it gets worse. I will not fall in love with Rose Weasley." 

* * * * * 

Rose sighed once more, her eyes still closed. She felt relaxed, even as a pair of cool gray eyes filled her vision, eyes that seemed to mock her. The eyes were soon followed by a pale pointed face topped with platinum blonde hair. Rose of course knew who this person was, she had just been cursing him a moment ago. She found it slightly odd she was daydreaming about Scorpius Malfoy, it irked her a bit. A faint woodsy scent mixed with mint, maybe, danced through her senses. It added a thrill down her spine, even if this was just her imagination running wild. Rose took in the dream-Scorpius who seemed to smirk at her in the tantalizing way he always did, his lips looked soft and Rose wondered just how soft they could be. 

As soon as her thoughts wandered to the softness of his lips, Rose's dream-like state was pushed over the edge. Something soft, that seemed to be a lot like a pair of lips and Rose would know, as studious and serious as she is, she has had her fair share of snogs, rested upon her lips. It was cool and unfamiliar, Rose dared not to open her eyes. She wasn't sure if this was just her overactive imagination, or if it was really happening. As sudden as the kiss had started, it was over. Taking a breath, Rose's snapped open and she looked around, looking for some type of clue, a quill or parchment that had moved, something or anything that someone had been here a moment ago. Yet, Rose found nothing. She gave a frustrated sigh as she touched her lips absentmindedly, they tingled from the contact. It had felt so real. Eerily real. Rose shook her head, hoping to clear her mind. 

Knock it off, Weasley. You shouldn't be fantasizing about kissing Malfoy. That would be fraternizing with the enemy, she thought. 

Rose glanced around again, she was alone. She let out an audible frustrated groan as she pulled her book towards her. How was she going to concentrate now? 

* * * * * 

After Scorpius calmed himself, he stood up from where he sat. He quietly peeked through the gaps of the shelf to see what Rose was doing or what her reaction might be. He was grateful when he saw that she didn't stood up from where she sat. Actually, she appeared to have just shook it off. 

He frowned slightly. He should be glad that she didn't appear to think it was real -- otherwise, she would have stood up and find out who kissed her. But the fact is, some part in Scorpius -- a big part, if truth be told -- wants Rose to know that he was the one who kissed her. And he also wants her to know that it was real. A plan suddenly came up in Scorpius' mind. 

He smiled devilishly. He silently left the library, thinking that he needs a parchment and a quill. He needs to go to the Owlery. Tonight, Rose Weasley will have a bit of a surprise during dinner. 

* * * * * 

Rose sighed as she leaned forward and stared at the page before her. The day dream had seemed – felt -- so real. But it couldn't have been, he wasn't even around here. Plus, if he ever did it would probably be some sick joke he would play on her just to see her reaction, as everything else was. As much as Rose liked the attention, if that ever happened she would just die from embarrassment and then deck Scorpius Malfoy in the kisser. Using her weakness against- wait, did she just refer to him as her weakness? 

Come off it, Weasley. He is a prat. Completely vile. she thought. 

She nodded to herself, trying to convince herself. This sudden...attraction?...she had for him was nerve-racking. Weasleys were meant to hate Malfoys, not like them in any way. What if she turned out to be the first to like one? She would never hear the end of it...and would probably be disowned by her family. 

Rose glared at the page before her as though it had said something to offend her. This had to stop and soon before she was made a fool of and started falling for Scorpius Malfoy. 

* * * * * 

It has been done. Though, Scorpius got through a bit of a trouble finding an owl that's not his, writing on a parchment without someone peeking over to see what he could possibly be writing at this time, and -- of course -- his handwriting, which should not be recognized. He remembered writing, 

Rose Weasley, 
Well, this will be an awfully big surprise for you... but the kiss in the library was real. You know it and I know it. We both felt it. I don't know... but how can something so wrong feel so right with you? 

PS. I'd rather not say who I am. 

It's cheesy, he'll admit. But that's the way he felt. Besides, no one will know it was him. Better to say the things he wanna say. Though, he can't do the things he wanna do with her. 

Anyway, the money's the easy part. But in the end, there was no real trouble. It went smoothly.. Well, so far. He had to wait 'til Rose open it in the Great Hall at dinner to see it really went well. He sneered. But of course it will go well. How could it not? It was so perfectly planned -- by him. 

He went to the Great Hall, just in time for dinner. He sat by the Slytherin table and was greeted. He smiled back a little. And he ate while he waited for the Weasleys and Potters to arrive. 

End of Chapter Six 

_______________________________________

Hope you guys like it.. :)