𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒 - 𝑅𝑒𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: Hold Me While You Wait, by Lewis Capaldi

(An important detail for this chapter: Listen to the song La Seine and I. The version from A Monster in Paris is my particular favorite.)

~ 𝐀𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

   It was another beautiful spring day in Paris as Adrien Agreste walked through the park

   It was another beautiful spring day in Paris as Adrien Agreste walked through the park. As little as he got out of the house, he couldn't deny that it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the skies were blue, with green grass and trees that were full of blossoms. All throughout the park flowers were in full bloom. The wind blew, offering cool relief to the sun's heat. The fresh breeze also carried the scent of the flowers with it, bringing a sweet smell through Paris.

   Adrien's friends had invited him for a picnic at the park and his father had reluctantly agreed to let him go. Adrien sighed. His father was reluctant to let him do anything. Natalie claimed it was because he loved Adrien and was being protective but Adrien didn't think his father knew there was such a thing as overprotective. The only reason his father let him go today was that he told him they were going to study after the picnic. 

   Still, he was excited to get out of the house and see his friends. He knew that Nino would be there, and Alya. Rose and Juleka should be there as well. Of course, Ivan and Mylene would be together. Chloe, he wasn't sure of, and Marinette... he hoped. She would likely be there if Alya was. Which was good. Marinette was a good friend and an amazing person. She was always smiling and had such a good impact on the mood of the group. Adrien smiled. He was lucky to have such a good friend group.

When Adrien finally reached the center of the park, he found all of his friends sitting together on a red checkered blanket. Almost everyone in the class came. As he walked towards them, Nino spotted him first and waved him over. Adrien smiled as he joined the group. "Hey, guys!" He was greeted enthusiastically, as all of his friends were thrilled that his dad had allowed him to come. Adrien scanned the group and saw everyone except for one person. Marinette. He frowned. "Where's Marinette?"

Alya waved a dismissive hand. "Don't worry. She'll be along soon. Marinette has been baking all morning. She said she wanted to bring some dessert from the bakery for everybody."

Adrien breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good." He didn't want Marinette to miss out on all the good food and time with all their friends. She was the life of the party. He knew how much Marinette cared for all of her friends. She always arranged run get-togethers and study dates for all of her classmates. In fact, she was the one who came up with the idea for this picnic. It would be horrible if she had to miss it. But he was certainly looking forward to trying her baked goods. The fact that she had spent the entire morning baking for her friends just showed how caring and selfless she was.

   Just as he finished his train of thought, he felt someone run into him from behind. Adrien stumbled slightly, but caught his balance and turned around. There stood Marinette, blushing furiously as she tried to balance two plates full of goods. One had several types of cookies, and the other was full of colorful macaroons. "Sorry!" She shouted. "I... I'm... Oops!" She almost dropped a plate and caught it just before it tipped. Marinette groaned. "Madly clumsy."