𝑅𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒𝑑

Darkside, by Alan Walker

Still unaware, Marinette sat at the bottom of the stairs, tears falling from her cheeks. "Marinette! Look out!" She turned around and gasped but he knew she couldn't get out of the way in time. So, in an effort to save her, Chat Noir leapt forward. "Cataclysm!" He shouted, his fingers just inches from the akuma...

~𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐢𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚

   Chat Noir leapt forward, black destruction surging from his palms

Chat Noir leapt forward, black destruction surging from his palms. He was so close! His fingertips brushed the akuma... But it was just out of his reach and he missed as it flew directly towards Marinette. There was no way he could reach her in time! "Marinette! Move!" He cried. Marinette, who had been searching her purse for something, looked up to face him. He could see the guilt, written across her face as the akuma approached but it was too late. Marinette looked at him, fear in her eyes, but there was nothing he could do to reach her in time. She shouted something inaudible and Chat watched in horror as the akuma entered her diary. "Nooo!!!" Chat Noir shouted.

This was all his fault! If he hadn't rejected her this never would have happened. Adrien knew he wasn't completely to blame, but he was the reason for her heartbreak, even if it was Lila who had initially humiliated Marinette. Chat Noir shook his head. It didn't matter who was to blame. What mattered was that Marinette was safe and right now she had been akumatized. This wasn't her fault. Adrien knew she didn't want this. She was just heartbroken. He had no idea when or if Ladybug would show up so it was up to him to save her.

Looking up, Adrien noticed that Marinette hadn't transformed into a villain yet. He found this odd. Normally, they would transform almost immediately. Chat Noir studied Marinettes facial expression and noticed she was struggling. Her hands were pressed against her temples and she shook her head. At first, he was confused, but then Adrien understood. She was fighting it! This was good! There was hope that she would be able to resist Hawk Moths control and not become akumatized. Chat Noir smiled. Finally, there was light at the end of the tunnel.

With a deep breath, Chat Noir got closer to Marinette and spoke softly. "Marinette. Can you look at me?" She shook her head and he hesitated. "Please," he added and Marinette turned. Her eyes were sinister and her sorrow was replaced with anger. But there were still tears and she didn't speak. Chat could see her struggling inwardly. "Fight it, Marinette. You're better than this. Don't let him make you something you're not." Marinette squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head again. Chat sighed. "I'm so sorry about what happened with that boy but you have to fight Hawk Moth's control."

"You... saw?" She asked, her voice, small and weak, yet full of pain and anger.

"Yes." Chat Noir lowered his gaze, guilt flooding his conscience. He hated that he had to lie her. But he couldn't reveal the truth without revealing his identity. "I saw and I'm sorry." He met her eye. "I'm so sorry." Marinette seemed moved by his words. Chat knew it was because she trusted him. He wasn't Adrien right now. He wasn't the same boy who hurt her. He was Chat Noir and she trusted Chat Noir. He sighed, knowing that she wouldn't trust him if she knew the truth. "You deserve so much better than that, Marinette. It never should have happened."