Three

"You can't escape me..."

♟♟♟

_____________________

It's been a few days since I was attacked by Dream. We were staying in L'manburg to be safe. There have been no signs of Sapnap or Dream. Every once in a while I would walk back to the forest where I was attacked. The thought of him just disappearing has been stuck in my mind. The thought of him becoming more powerful has left me restless for the past few nights. I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. Tommy was sleeping next to me. I decide to get up and head downstairs.  It was cold.

I took a glass and filled it with water, then drank it quickly. The sun was coming up slowly. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. This is driving me crazy. My mind was racing. I felt like I was going to go completely insane at any moment. I sat down and took a deep breath. It was almost as if Dream was in my head. I sat there for about an hour with my head down.

"Y/n! Are you up?" I hear someone say from outside the door. It was a voice that wasn't familiar to me. I walk to the door and open It to see a man...or what I thought was a man. He was a two-toned Enderman with red and green eyes. 

"Who are you?" I ask. He smiles. 

"Oh, I guess I haven't introduced myself to you yet. I'm Ranboo. I'm new here, I got a sense you were in a bad place, so I came to see." He said. I was confused. Did he get a sense to come see me? Could he read my mind? I walk outside and close the door behind me.

"How did you know?" I say lowering my voice so Tommy couldn't hear us. 

"I'm not really sure. I just had a really strong feeling you needed to escape something." He says. I was still confused. "Are you okay?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah, I was just thinking too much. It's nothing, don't worry about it. Thank you for coming to check on me, I appreciate it." I say softly. He nods.

"I guess I'll head out then. See you around." He says. He turns away and walks down the steps. I watched him walk away. I rubbed my eyes and walked back into the house. Tommy was walking down the stairs as I entered the room. He smiles.

"Morning Y/n." He says. I give him a small smile and sit back down at the table where my empty glass was still sitting. I filled it up with water again. "What were you doing outside?" He asks.

"Oh, it was nothing. I thought I saw something. Don't worry about it." I say. He nods, but his face clearly told me he wanted to hear more. I didn't want to get him caught up in my mess.

"Okay then. Well, I'm going to go help Tubbo with some stuff." He says. I nod and he leaves. 

***

I was back in the forest, wandering aimlessly. I felt as if my body was separated from my mind. I sat under a tree and took out a notebook to write down my thoughts. Just as I was about to start writing, I heard a branch crack behind me. I quickly held my netherite sword and turned my head to see what was going on. 

"Techno?" I say. He smiles and walks closer to me. 

"Hello Y/n." He says with a calming voice.

"What are you doing here? I thought you disappeared." I say softly, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"I did, but I came back to see what has happened since I left. I see Tubbo has rebuilt L'manburg. Hm...after all I did to get rid of it." He says. I put my sword down and slowly stood up.

"Techno you're not welcome here. Tommy would freak out if he saw you. I suggest you leave before anyone sees you." I say.

"Y/n I've been watching you walk around this forest for the last 4 days without any direction. I wanted to see if you were okay. You know I might be a bad guy to you, but I still have a heart." He says. I turn my head away from him. "I saw what Dream did to you." He says. I looked back over at him. 

"You did?" I ask. He nods.

"Y/n, I think you're beginning to realize how powerful Dream really is." He says. I chuckle softly. 

"I think I already had a bit of an idea how powerful he was, and I'm just now realizing how hard I was trying to push that thought out of my head." I say closing my eyes and running my hand through my hair again. 

"You won't be able to win this alone," Techno says. I chuckle softly again.

"I already realized that Techno," I say. He smirks then walks away into the trees leaving me alone. More thoughts flooded into my head. I sat down again and leaned against the tree. I heard some more leaves crunching behind me.

"Techno please just leave me alone." I say. I hear a snicker. I turn my head. 

"Dream?!"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really liking the plot of this so far and I hope you are liking it too. Until the next chapter :]