|9. CAN I TELL YOU A STORY? |

"Trust me, alpha, " Taehyung whispered at his ears as pleasant tingles ran through him, "two can play a game"
.
;

Now treading over a bridge with moon lit water either side, a comfortable silence befell upon the two. And, no, the alpha wouldn't dare a word about the Omega's. . . antics. He isn't quite sure where he let the hints array or maybe it was all the Omega's plan, but so much for alpha pride that the little tingles were yet to cease their little dance through his veins.

"Can i tell you a story? " Taehyung asked, out of the blue.

"Why? "

"You don't wanna hear? " Taehyung chided, "your loss, " He followed it with a dramatic shrug.

"I meant, your highness" The alpha immediately retreated, alarmed, "why not? Sure! "

To lose a chance to know you more would indeed be my loss, my king.

"About a thousand years ago, irul-the embodiment of evil, endangered the gandharian empire standing tall and mighty on it's feet now," The omega softly whispered.

"None knew of his power until people died in masses in every cranny of the town," The omega whispered as a cool wind accompanied his statement, "Not a wolf in the five elemental realm was capable of defeating his malignity. And so, terror spread far and wide keeping masses awake at the darkest hours before the dawn"

He knew this story. But somehow it sounded foreign on the Omega's tongue. He wanted the silence back.

"And amidst this all, an alpha was born," Taehyung smiled, "the spawn of satan himself but with a heart of gold. He was different. Born to save, born to serve, born to protect. Protect, he did but at an expensive cost, his dear omega" The smile fell, a frown replaced.

Jungkook knew who he was talking about. He wished he didn't. He craved the silent night and it's cricket's songs.

"Blinded with grief and conquered by rage, he summoned all five elements to a singular light ball," Taehyung gravely spoke, recreating it before his eyes, "a light that no darkness could stand before and so did irul shrivel into oblivion. Nowhere to be found again, irul was claimed to have died in the battle"

Jungkook pleaded the silence, his glazed orbs begging words his frozen lips couldn't. But the omega refused.

"That night, darkness eroded, leaving in wake the brightest dawn in over a decade," Taehyung quietly murmured, "but not for the alpha. He still saw red. He still seeked justice. Justice for the entire town danced in joy but for he alone weeped with his once warm omega, pale and lifeless in his arms"

"He weeped and grieved, " The king uttered softly "and days passed, and days turned to weeks and soon the alpha was a forgotten cause"

Jungkook knew he had to speak. Else, the worse will materialize before he could turn it all upside down to hold it a little longer than now. But his lips refused, so did the lump in his throat.

"Weeks after a heart wrenching howl of agony, the town saw him again. But this time, he was no protector, for the protector was long gone with his omega, " Taehyung's voice had simmered down to a grave whisper "This was a beast that held within wrath and fury and a thirst for blood to all the unjust he had to pay as they all danced in joy"

Jungkook wished to turn back time. Time to when there was this comfortable silence between the two. He wished to return to the kalopsia of his lies he crafted.

"And they all paid, with flesh and blood and screams and tears, " Taehyung whispered as if witnessing the blood bath. Jungkook felt he did too. Taehyung's pause lasted longer than it should have before he continued.