Chapter 4

Parth sighed for the 9th time as he took up his phone and opened his contacts.
"Krishna"
He had saved her number with a single 'a' in the end. If only he knew he would have to face consequences if she learnt of it.
Ringing, it said.
"Hello"

His hand shivered, maybe out of happiness.
"Um, Hi.... Parth here..."

"Look dude, as much as I want a handsome brother in law like you, I sincerely advise you to not call this mad woman now."

"What!? Wait? Isn't this Krishnaa?"

"Why do you even think Krishnaa will be patient enough to talk to you!? I'm Pallavi!"

"Whoa... Okay.. Um... I'm sorry.. I really didn't mean to call her ugly.. I mean.. I didn't call her ugly... Ughh.  Actually what happened was...."

"Parth, listen to me. We have a cousin, Keshav. He is a really really awesome guy, and he is pretty much the only person Krishnaa listens to. I'll forward his number from my phone. Call him, I'll tell him about you... He can help both of us out...."

"I'm in Keshav's house. .." his voice seemed questioning.

"What!? Why do you know him?!!"

"He's my friend! I actually came here for his wedding!"

"Okay... Things can not fall in place better! Yayyy!
Shit. She's calling me. I'll delete the call log. Text me if you want to say anything. Anyways a wedding is near... Its my duty to set up a foundation to your love story..." saying so, Pallavi hung up, letting out a devilish laughter.

Parth hung up with an utmost confused look.
"Be happy. She hasn't blocked your number."  he heard Keshav's voice, as he saw the tall man walk past him with a loopsided smile.

******
Krishnaa tried her best to close her eyes and invite sleep.
She still couldn't forget that attitude he had in his voice.
Okay. He was fair, good looking, sharp features... Height...that was something she hadn't discovered yet... So what
He can call people ugly...!?
And apparently he had come here all the way for a date with her!
What audacity!
Such an idiot!

Wait... Was she feeling bad because he confessed his agreement towards her fake escape claims about herself? Or was she proud of her beauty that she couldn't take it?
No... Pride was something she rarely had. She had hardly cared about her looks in school...
Her friends teased that her nose was too long, when in college.
She was a decent looking woman, not the apple of all boy classmate's eyes...
It was clear.
It was him.
How dare he!?

A message tone disturbed her flow of thoughts.
"Hey Sakhi! So Rukmini is coming to my place for she wants to cook for the family and prove she is a better cook than me.. And I thought she might need a little help... Anyways I'll be her competition more than her fiancé for tomorrow 😒
So could you come over for the day? "
It read.

Krishnaa immediately smiled.
" Why not Sakha! Would love to help her out! And... Just so you know... No one makes Paysa (kheer) better than you... I'll never change my side okay❤️" she messaged, sensing his smile that would come dancing on his lips when he reads those lines.

"You know why you are my favorite 😂❤️"  he sent back.