Chapter 15 - A Flash of Blue Light! Aaron's New Responsibilities?

Opening:

Flashback 8 Years

The Order of the Scorpion was holding one of its most sacred ceremonies. It was passing on the position of Lord of the Scorpion on to another.

Priest: Today, a new age begins. This age is to be ushered in by a new generation, a new face, a new Lord!

People in the crowd began to cheer.

Priest: The unfortunate passing of Lord Aurus, though tragic, has given us the opportunity to find a new perspective. Today, we coronate the heir that Lord Aurus had chosen mere days before his passing.

Eliza then walked onto the podium.

Priest: Sister Eliza Trivael, the duties and responsibilities of Lord Aurus now fall onto you. I ask you now, is it your wish to uphold the Lordship of the Order of the Scorpion.

Eliza: Yes, I do.

Priest: Then it is decided.

The priest then drew an ornate, ceremonial dagger. Eliza held her hand over a large wooden bowl and the priest placed the dagger on her palm. She gripped the blade and the priest swiftly ripped the blade out. She grunted in pain and blood began to trickle from her hand into the bowl.

Priest: Bound by blood, brought forth by the Helix. All hail Lord Trivael!

Crowd: All hail!

Eliza then turned to address the crowd.

Eliza: Our enemies are encroaching onto us. They seek to keep us from our ultimate goals. I assure you, brothers and sisters. I will rid us of these invaders and continue our ascent to godhood!

The raised her bleeding fist into the air, causing the crowd to erupt into a chorus of cheers and chants.

Flashback ends

(Y/N) sat up, his head throbbing. He inspected his surroundings, he was still in Mountain Glenn, but now it was the dead of night. He was jolted back into full consciousness.

Ironwood on comms: Helix 1-1. You have failed to check in, what's your status... Helix 1-1, do you copy.

(Y/N): This is Helix 1-1 leader (Y/N) (L/N). I copy.

Ironwood on comms: Oh thank goodness. What's your status?

(Y/N): Unclear. We have located objective Echo. Send immediate evac to my coordinates, we may have wounded.

Ironwood on comms: Roger that, out.

(Y/N) then slowly walked over to Aaron's unconscious body.

(Y/N): Aaron. Aaron wake up.

Aaron then began to stir awake.

Aaron: Sliv?

(Y/N): Aaron, are you hurt?

Aaron: My... head hurts... but, I don't think I'm injured.

(Y/N): I should have warned you not to touch it. I'm sorry.

Aaron: No, I should've pieced that together from your story. I was being dumb.

(Y/N) smiled and helped his friend up.

Aaron: What about the sword? Do we destroy it?

(Y/N): I can try.

(Y/N) concentrated his power and attempted to crush the sword. However, once he applied enough force to the artifact, it flashed with bright blue light and sent him flying back into a nearby wall. His aura held, but only barely.

Aaron: (Y/N)!

(Y/N): I'm alright... Dammit, that thing's though.

(Y/N) then heard the sound of aircraft engines getting closer.

(Y/N): That's our evac, we should get ready. Bring the sword with you, we'll figure out what to do with it back at Beacon.

Aaron nodded.

Aaron: Alright.

Timeskip 1 Hour

Ironwood: So this is the Blue Helix?

(Y/N): Yes sir.

Ironwood: And what happened to destroying it?

(Y/N): I tried. It didn't work.

Ironwood: It didn't work?

Ozpin: If my theory is correct, then the artifact bonded with Aaron when he touched it. After finding its wielder, Blue Helixes may enter a sort of active state where they have defences against magic based attacks.

Ironwood: That sounds plausible.

Aaron: Wait, what do you mean "bonded with me"?

(Y/N): When you touched that sword, it deemed you worthy of wielding it.

Aaron: That sounds fake.

(Y/N): Well, you experienced this yourself.

Aaron: In that case, what do I do? How am I supposed to control this power?

(Y/N): No idea, I don't even know how a White Helix Curse works.

Aaron: WHAT? Come on, you gotta help me!

(Y/N) began to back away towards the elevator.

(Y/N): Sorry, man, but I need to get some rest. I have a long day tomorrow with the whole teaching AND training Ruby ordeal!

Aaron: Don't leave me to deal with this!

(Y/N) pushed a button on the elevator and the doors began shutting.

(Y/N): Sorry, Aaron, can't hear you, the doors are closing!

The doors shut and the elevator descended. Aaron's expression turned to bewilderment.

Aaron: Why did this have to happen to me?

Ending: