Chapter 28

What had I done.I had put these three people in a mess in which all three of them would get hurt and I knew it.

"So when can we hang out together,"she said

"We are together right now,"Kaiden replied

"No I meant when can I meet Samantha as Julian's official girlfriend,"she said a small yet determined smile on her face

"Soon,"Julian said

We picked Samantha up from her house and she and Scar talked little.Everyone could feel the tension in ther not so lengthy conversation.Then we went to Julian's house where his mother hugged Scarlett as if she had found some long lost daughter.

And when Julian introduced Sam as his new girlfriend she merely shook her hand.Sam eyed her with dissatisfaction but did not say anything.

We went upstairs to Julian's room and sat down.

"Hey guys let's play  truth or dare,"Scar said

"I am frickin' tired of that game,"Sam replied fiercely.

"But I really feel like playing it right now,"

"It's ok Sam.We can play it for one last time,"Kaiden said

"Okay,"she replied

"Truth or Dare Scar,"Kaiden said

"I'll go with truth,"

"Who is your best friend,"

"Julian.He was always the person I could confide in and whenever I went to him with  any of my problems I knew he would help me find a solution.I also really cherish the times that we spent together,"she concluded looking at Sam from the corner of her eyes whose jaw had become rigid by that time.

"I am a little disheartened but okay,"Kaiden said trying to lighten the mood

"Sam Truth or Dare,"Scar said

This looked less like a game and more like a cold war to ke but I didn't dare to interrupt.

"Truth,"she said

"How did you and Julian start dating,"

She paused for a while,taken aback by the question but then she decided to continue confidently

"After Kaiden and Pen started dating we spent a lot of time together and we both felt the spark between us so we decided to act on it,"

"Would you give me the same answer Julian,"Scar fired

He simply nodded.

"Julian Truth or Dare,"

"Dare,"he said afraid of the question she might ask if he chose truth instead

"Kiss the most beautiful girl in the room according to you,"she said

Julian looked at Scar and then back at Sam and then at Scar while Kaiden and I shifted uncomfortably.

"I can't choose.You're all very pretty,"he said after what felt like an hour.

"But I am your girlfriend,"Sam said stamping her feet.

"Still.I find all three of you equally beautiful,"

"How...."Sam didn't complete her sentence as tears started rolling down her cheeks.She got up and ran out of the room.Julian looked at Scar who mouthed go and then he got up and ran after her.

After 2 or 3 minutes I said that I wanted to go to the washroom but I actually was going to find Julian and Sam.They were arguing in the kitchen.I wanted to enter but I didn't want to complicate things even more so I decided to step back and just listen.

"Do you actually love me Julian Lockwood,"Sam yelled

"Obviously I do,"he replied after a short pause.

"Then why this hesitation.Why didn't you kiss me.Were you so scared of disappointing Scarlett,"she said crying uncontrollably

"I would have kissed you if you had asked me to kiss you Sam but instead you asked me to kiss the most beautiful girl in the room.I don't care about looks Sam.The heart is what I care about and according to me all three of you are equally beautiful,"he said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"But still.Everyone saw that you didn't kiss me,"Sam said

"Relationships are not meant to be a thing to show off.The more bonds are made public,the weaker they get,"

At this point Sam stopped crying maybe realizing the logic in what Julian was saying.But I was not convinced.Was this the only reason he did not kiss Sam or was he actually afraid that Scar might not like it.

Julian stepped forward and hugged Sam tightly and kissed her forehead.

"Come in with me now,"he said and
I ran inside the room as soon as I heard this.After 2 minutes or so they came in holding hands tightly and sat next to each other

"I am sorry Sam.I did not start this to cause any trouble in your relationship,"looking genuinely apologetic.

"I don't blame you,"she replied with a genuine smile and then we started talking.Scar told us about her experiences in Philadelphia and we told her all that she had missed in New York meanwhile.

Kaiden gestured me to come outside with him and so we excused ourselves  from the group.We went to the kitchen where,unbeknownst to Kaiden,Julian and Sam had been hugging 10 minutes ago.

"I really hope neither of them plays dirty to win Julian,"he said concerned

"Me too,"

"Promise me that we will never ever let anything happen to our relationship.Any misunderstanding and we sort it out before the day ends,okay?,"

"Yeah I promise,"I said but then I remembered something.

"Kaiden you said that you'll tell me where you went on Mondays once Scar comes back.She is back now.So...Tell me,"

"Today is Friday.I'd rather show it to you on Monday itself,"he said

"Okay,"

And then Kaiden picked me up and placed me on the kitchen slab as I wrapped my legs around him and kissed me passionately.

"Ugh!Get a room you two,"came Julian's voice from behind.

We pulled apart embarrassed.I had not expected anyone to come to the kitchen right now.Ii jumped down on the ground and Kaiden shifted a little so that we were not standing too close to each other.

"Wh...at....are...you...d....oi...ng....h...ere...Ju....lian,"I asked

"Don't worry I am not spying on you.I came here to get some snacks for us to eat.But I guess you both were busy eating each other up,"he said doubling up with laughter.

Hey guys!

First of all I would like to thank you all for reading my story.I really hope you're enjoying the story so far.The next update will be on Saturday

If you guys like my story then please go and vote for it.You will make me happy by clicking that 🌟and it really motivates the author!:)

Also comment your thoughts on the story below.Who  do you think Julian will choose?Will Scarlett really bring bad luck to Penelope and Kaiden's relationship. If yes then what is going to happen.Super excited to know your assumptions to these questions.❤

See you soon;)