18- Clothes

Pov. Jin

I've never left class early before. But Jimin's voice over the phone sounded different, almost desperate. My students don't hate the idea of me leaving though. I turn around to take my things from my desk when I see a light. A flash. Someone took a picture of me. From behind.

I take a deep breath and ignore it leaving the class room. I make sure to let the principal know I had an emergency and I walk out. I only walk half a block when I see him again. I almost forgot he comes out before me.

- What are you doing out here? Is everything okay, Jin?

- Y-Yeah!...Well... I'm not sure, actually...

I try my best to explain the phone call I just had with Jimin and he offers to take me to him in his car. Honestly, I want to get there as soon as possible so I'm not gonna say no to that.

The first minute of silence gives my brain the time to think about my students. About that picture. Why do they always do that? Why is it always to me? Why do they smile when I look back at them? Do they think this is flattering? Do they think it makes me feel good? Do they think I'm asking for it?

Am I asking for it? Should I chose different clothes next class? Longer shirts. Loose pants...

- What's on your mind?

- Uh? O-Oh n-nothing...

- You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but if you need anything...I'm here, okay?

His voice sounds so calm. Despite being a clumsy man he looks so trustworthy, so adult so... perfect. I shake that thought off. How can I think that?! He's not my Alpha, he's just a friend.

- Thanks...I just...I guess teaching is not my thing

- I see...you don't like what you teach? Or how you teach? Or

- Who. That's what I don't like. Don't get me wrong I don't hate my students or anything! It's just...they can be...complicated sometimes

- Kids are that way. They must be on that age of finding themselves and each other. But...did they do anything for you to feel this way?

- Well...- This is so embarrassing, what am I doing? - They...they take pictures of my ass whenever I turn around.

The car stops. Abruptly. For a moment I look around to see why did it happen. Maybe a dog appeared on the way. Or maybe he missed a red light. But that's not the case at all. He softly asks me to look at him and he seems more serious than ever

- Did you tell anyone else about it?

- I...I tried talking to the principal the first time...But he said I should just learn how to deal with teenagers

His hands go into fists holding the wheel. He takes a deep breath and then calms down. We share a look and he sighs trying to keep composure.

- What a fucking asshole

- I never thought I'd hear you curse

- I never thought that man would be so dumb. Actually, no. I did think about it. He's the same one that said Omega students can't wear leggings because it might cause trouble.

- Oh, yeah. I remember that. Maybe he's right. Maybe I should wear more-

- Don't. - His hand reaches out for mine - It's not your fault. They're are the ones that are not being respectful. Don't give up wearing whatever makes you feel good. I'll talk to him. Sadly, assholes like him will hear Alphas like me. And will ignore smart Omegas like you...

- Namjoon...I...- I try not to cry, but I fail -... I'm so tired of this

The tears fall from my eyes. He takes off his seatbelt so he can get closer and hug me. I cry in his arms for a minute. He holds me softly. Giving me enough space to pull away if I want to. Eventually we pull apart and he cleans my tears away

-You feel a little better?

- Y-Yes... I'm sorry. It's a stupid thing to cry about.

- It's not. If it makes you feel bad it's not stupid, Jin. But don't worry, I'll help you. I promise. We're friends, right?

I nod and show him a genuine smile. He puts on the seatbelt and starts the car again. Ready to take me with Jimin. We keep talking about it on our way there. He seems so aware of the feeling. He helps me put it into words. I feel so much better letting it out. I feel so much better that he doesn't judge me for it. If anything, he stops me from judging myself.

The moment we get there I see Jimin sitting on a bench. I get close to him and he runs my way. He seems so hurt, so broken. I feel like he's gonna end up crying in my arms. But opposite to that, he stops. And once again his face seems serious and he looks like the strong Omega I once met.

- Who is he? And why is he here?

- He's Namjoon. A coworker and friend. He offered to bring me here.

- Oh, what a kind Alpha - The sarcasm in his voice makes me uncomfortable - I'm sure he's amazing. He will do anything to help a weak Omega like me or you, right?

I look at Namjoon. Waiting for him to be offended. To argue. To look at least annoyed. But no. He looks...sad? Jimin's neck is covered. But it's like Namjoon can see through the clothes. Like he knows Jimin is not angry but scared of Alphas.

- I think you'll be more comfortable if I leave. Let me know when you go back home, Jin. If it's too late and you need me to pick you up, just text me

I nod, embarrassed. I will not text him for that even if it's past midnight. I don't wanna annoy him. He says goodbye to Jimin and gets in the car. Only after driving away, Jimin talks back to me.

- He had our ribbon. He says he's an ally doesn't he?

- Yes, he is

- Jin...believe me. This is out of experience. If an Alpha says he's on our side. Don't believe him until he proves it. And even when he does, don't let your guard down.

- Why not?

- 'Cause you'll end up like me

Despite saying that, he's not ready to tell me much more about it. I know the Alpha that hurt him is the same one he saw today. I think, unlike last time, he didn't call me to complain about an Alpha. But to distract himself from him. And if that's what he needs. That's what I'll give him.

I hope someday, he finds someone he can trust. Because when I go back home I realize how well it felt to trust Namjoon...

Next Chapter

There must be another reason

It's not easy, Kookie

------------------------------------------------------
Hi! I'm so sorry it took me an extra week! I'll soon start a new fanfic and I'm focused on it!

But don't worry, I didn't forget about this! I'll try to have another chapter before Friday!

See you soon!

- Baby Y