PINEAL GLAND

I opened my eyes and blinked to adjust to the light. My mouth was dry and my throat was sore. I hated the air in airplanes, the only con about it, really. Sometimes the food was bad too but this time we didn't get food served because of the flight being shorter than expected and we'd already ate before we stepped on the plane so we weren't hungry either. Instead of a regular airplane, we had our own private jet. I immediately fell asleep and kinda regretted it, I wanted to take pictures of the mountains but we already passed those.

"Slept well?" Steez asked. I had grown pretty close to Steez after all these weeks. He was a good friend of mine now and I really loved his company. Now aside of Jesse, I had someone else I could talk to, I could relate to his stories and he could to mines. Lilah on the other hand, was another story. She might be family but there was no connection between us. When I told her I was leaving, she didn't believe me at first but after I showed her my suitcase, she told me to call or text her once I arrived in Cali. "Kinda. My mouth feels nasty. I feel nasty, like I haven't showered in days." I said and we both burst out in laughter.

"Well, we're going to land now, so you can shower when we get to the hotel." He said. "Thank you black Jesus." I beamed. He laughed at my enthusiasm. "Please tighten your belts, we're about to land in Los Angeles, California. It is 1:47PM." The pilot spoke through the speakers. Steez and I immediately shared a look. "I can't believe this. It's crazy." I said. He simply laughed it off, I guess he wasn't fascinated about it since he would notice it everywhere. We landed safely and I grabbed my luggage.

We exited the plane and the smile that formed on my face was probably stupid as hell. I felt like a five year old, about to go to Disney World. The sun was beaming and the warm breeze of wind blew through my hair. I couldn't stop smiling, it was as if Cali welcomed me back.

"God, I love this." I whispered as I took a look around me and watched the palm trees and people walking around in shorts and skirts. "Finally, after all these years." I said. I felt bad for Jesse, I knew he wanted to come but he couldn't because he had to finish things at work. We stood hugging at the airport for what seemed like an hour. I didn't wanna go, I felt bad for leaving him but he told me it didn't matter, as long as I would text him every single day. I promised him I would, but it didn't take away the guilt I was feeling. "Feels good to be home, huh?" Joey asked, walking past me with his suitcase. I nodded and smiled. "Feels great."

We got in the bus and nothing could ruin my day when I noticed they had an open top and we could actually enjoy the weather. I threw my luggage in front of me as I sat Indian-style on the bus chair. I smiled as I felt the wind blow through my hair. The ride to the hotel wasn't going to be long, 20 minutes is what the driver said. Dee, who clearly was the manager, was scheduling everything while being in Surinam, I wondered how he did it but decided to leave it alone since it wasn't my business.

"Hey you." I smiled as I waited for a response on the other line.

"You're there? How is it?" he asked, sounding excited.

I laughed, "Yeah, it's home, Jesse. I feel great, I missed it out here."

"Man, I wish I could be there too. One day we'll go together, bring up memories."

"Yeah or that bruise you had 'cuz of skating." I said as we both began laughing.

"That day was awesome, man. Are you gonna look up the homies? I know some of them still livin' in the same place, same crib, number everything." He spoke. "I mean, if I have the time for it. I guess I will, I'll keep you updated. I'm gonna take hella pictures." I said. "Yeah, and uh, the NY gallery is a couple days after you're back. Are you still gonna do it?" he asked. "Shit, I almost forgot about it. Hell yeah, it's my chance and I'm definitely not gonna blow it. I'll shoot more pictures here and I'll send them to you if that's okay?" I asked, hoping he'd take care of it. "Of course, Robby. I'll take care of the pictures, you just need to enjoy your time being out there. Aight, I gotta go. Love you baby girl, take care." He said. "Love you too Jesse." I said before hanging up.