Epilogue

Epilogue

“Wait, be careful that isn’t Rose.” The Doctor called but it was too late the TARDIS had already put my fingers to Ianto’s forehead resulting in a bright golden explosion and all of us falling down.

When I woke up it was to the Doctor’s worried face peering down at me, “This position is becoming far too familiar,” I grumbled. “Maybe I should stop passing out.”

“Yeah, you really should,” The Doctor chuckled before pressing his lips into mine. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah why wouldn’t I-“ I began before bolting upright to shout, “Oh my gosh Ianto, is he alright?”

A welsh accented voice floated in from the doorway and my eyes filled with tears as it said, “I’m fine. Thanks for asking.”

“Thank god,” I moaned slightly loosening my death grip on the Doctor’s sleeve.

When I looked at the Doctor’s serious face I could tell that Ianto had left things out and gulping down my fear I asked, “What, what happened?”

Attempting to speak calmly the Doctor told me, “Before anything else I just want to say the doctor gave me a moment of clarity, Jack isn’t wrong it was just being alone that was wrong.”

“What’s that got to do with anything?” I interrupted feeling myself grow more and more anxious.

The Doctor held a finger to his lips in a gesture for silence and Jack continued the story, “He thought that I was wrong because there was nobody else like me, now thanks to you Ianto is.”

My mouth fell open before it began to work up and down like that of a fish. Tentatively I asked, “How did he take the news?”

“Better than expected.” Jack replied, “Especially once he realized it stopped what you saw in the future.”

Seeing the confusion on my face the doctor piqued up, “He was the reason the timeline was messed up, a man who shouldn’t be able to die was dead. It was a paradox.’

“Alright then” I said hoisting myself off of the soft couch.

Ianto flashed me a soft smile before asking, “Would you like to stay for dinner?”

I snorted and grabbed him into an affectionate hug mumbling, “No thanks, I’m going to go take a very long nap.”