Chapter Twenty-One

"Is that everyone?" Scott asked as both he and Isaac looked around the locker room to see if there were any more people. There were not.

Isaac nodded, "I think so..." Scott pulled open Stiles' locker and pulled out a couple of the items passing Isaac a shoe as he did, "you're gonna find him by scent?"

"Yeah. We both are."

"But how come you get his shirt, and I get a shoe?"

New scents entering the room made both of them turn around and Scott's eyes widened as he saw Peter stood beside Derek and Margo. "We need to talk," Derek said.

"All of us," Peter added on.

"Holy sh-!" Scott cut himself off before the curse could be finished and he looked between the two Hale gentlemen trying to understand it, "what the hell is this???"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station..."

Margo and Isaac frowned as they looked to Scott. He hadn't told them about that and it sounded a lot like he was fraternising with the enemy. "Okay, hold on! He-he threatened to kill my mom! And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott asked and Peter nodded in understanding.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous!"

"Shut up!" Both Derek and Scott snapped at the same time.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked quietly to Scott.

"That's Peter, Derek's uncle. A little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat."

Peter gave a little wave, "hi."

"...That's good to know."

"How is he alive?"

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson... and maybe how to save him," Derek said and Isaac sighed his face falling and being filled with sarcasm.

"Well, that's very helpful... except Jackson's dead."

"What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field," Scott finalised.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asked as he looked between the three adults.

"Because a kids dead-" Margo began, but Peter and Derek had different ideas as to why it was terrible news.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen-- Gerard wanted it to happen," Peter explained.

"But why?"

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out," Peter said a sigh falling on his lips as he looked to his nephew, "and something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

They were stood around in the Hale house and Peter was looking around the stairs whilst Derek was a couple of steps behind him. Margo was watching them carefully but she remained at a safe distance not wanting to get in anyone's way or get too close to the alpha again.

"Oh. Oh, they found Stiles!" Scott called out and she frowned as she whipped her head around to look at him; ignoring the pain that writhed in her shoulder as she did so.

"Found Stiles?" She asked and Scott nodded, "when did he go missing?" She was slightly annoyed by the fact no-one had bothered to tell her that her kid brother had gone missing when there were homicidal lizards, hunters, and werewolves running about the town and in her mind anything else could jump around the corner.