011

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

THE FACT THAT THEY were soon going to find Ray's body set on Marian as they got closer and closer to the familiar road. The back of Harlow Road used be a happy for both her and Teddy, but now it seemed that it was a place where the Devil himself could dwell.

   "Teddy, Marian, isn't this the back of Harlow Road?" Gordie asked.

   "Yeah." They both nodded.

   "He's around here somewhere, Chris, Marian and I will take the left. Teddy, Vern, take the other side." Gordie ordered.

They all nodded, and Marian's hands grew clammy as she felt like she could nearly faint. She could smell the smell of a dead carcass somewhere near them. Marian knew that it belonged to her dear friend, Ray. The images of him in the dream she had the previous night went through her mind as she stopped in her tracks upon seeing Vern pointing to some brush in a clearing.

   "Look, there he is! I see him! I see him! There he is!" Vern exclaimed, and she warily joined the boys.

Ray's while Keds sat on top of branches as they saw part of his leg. Marian tensed, and Teddy put and arm around her shoulder as they walked down. She was visibly shaking, and Chris also took notice of this as he moved the brush out of the way with a stick.

Marian felt tears roll down her pale face as her jaw clenched. She leaned into Chris's side, shutting her eyes slowly and reopening them. Her vision grew blurry as her eyes welled up more. However, it didn't blur the body. Ray looked like he did in the dream, covered in blood as his eyes pointed in opposite directions. Her cries where only loud enough for Chris to hear, and he sighed depressingly at sound of it.

   "It's alright, Marian." Chris said quietly, and Teddy put an arm around her as well and rubbed her shoulder.

"Let's starting building a stretcher." Teddy said, and Chris took his arm off Marian and left her to Teddy as he watched Gordie sit on top of a branch, a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Why did he have to die?" He wondered aloud, looking at his shoes.

"What's wrong with Gordie?" Teddy asked.

"Let's not worry about it." Marian sniffled, walking close to the woods and starting to pick up sticks. She knew Chris would take care of him, they were best friends.

She heard Gordie crying to Chris as they picked up branches.

"Marian, are you okay?" Teddy asked softly, walking closer to the older girl.

"No, but I don't really wanna talk about it, Ted." She sighed.

"Okay." He nodded, and smiled sympathetically towards her. They continued to collect branches, that is until they were interrupted.

"What the fuck do you know about this?" Ace Merrill's voice rang through the air, and their heads snapped over to him and Eyeball Chambers behind him. They went over, standing beside Chris as Marian took ahold of his hand.

"You wasn't gonna take the body from was you boys?" He sneered, "oh, and you brought the looney's daughter with you. How sweet."