Chapter 16

**Every couple must have their final song. Ram & King - Love don't Die by The Fray***

About six months later.

King opened the front door to his apartment when he heard a voice he did not recognize. Stepping in, he listened carefully. Hmm, must be one of Ram's language programs. Still, he paused. It wasn't any language Ram already spoke fluently nor was it German, the latest language he was studying. A slight sense of panic ran through him, fleeting but yet there tugging at something he didn't want to examine too closely.

They were boyfriends now. Their relationship progression was so often a wordless understanding between the two. They just knew when it was time to take the next step. Moving in together was never specifically agreed upon. One day King stopped saying when are you coming to my condo to saying when will you be home? He knew, no matter what his mother wrote in her romance novels which were written to appeal to womens preferences on how they wanted men to act verses how men actually did act in real life, most men didn't usually sit around talking about their feelings non-stop with their partners. At least not the men King knew. He and Ram didn't talk much about how they loved one another, they just behaved like they did and that was more than enough for them to realize how each other felt.

He continued towards the direction of the voice, touching and talking to some of the plants lining the hallway. Offering words of encouragement as if they were a bunch of toddlers motivated by praise. He laughed and softly smiled since now Ram was even touching the plants and would occasionally offer an encouraging word too. He imagined his plants as children, discussing their day once their parents had gone to bed with the most excited plant being able to proudly declare "Cool Boy Daddy said keep fighting to me today!"

King stepped into the kitchen and watched Ram at the table. His eyes were closed as his lips quietly repeated the foreign words. It was only about the 100,000th time King was struck by his boyfriends handsomeness. He was tempted to drag him to the bedroom for some afternoon delight when Ram opened his eyes, met Kings gaze and said "we need to talk."

His stomach clenched. He knew something was off the past week or so but he had never heard that specific phrase come out of Rams mouth. To actually announce they needed to talk only meant whatever had had to say must be very important. King sat down at the table and waited.

"I know what I want to do for a living." King nodded his head in encouragement. "I want to be an interpreter and a translator."

"Really? Why? I don't understand."

"It's the only job I can think of where the majority of the words I will speak a day do not have to be my own."

Yes of course, that's the perfect job. "And?" The quiet seemed to drag on before Ram spoke again.

"My fathers' acquaintance is expanding his business over the next five years. The spoke about me and I have a tentative job offer as an in-house interpreter once I graduate. But...."

"What? Just say it." He had to fight to not clench his fists even more tightly. King started running through any number of things he could say to possibly change his boyfriends mind if his next words involved breaking up.

"The company is expanding to Europe. I need to learn another one or two European or possibly Slavic languages. To properly do that, I need to move to England and finish my last 2 years of University there. I could get intensive language immersion and tutoring from native speakers. But the deadline to apply is coming up quickly so I need to decide. I really want to go but I don't want to leave you."

Loud laughter echoed through the kitchen for a few seconds before King fixed his eyes on Ram. "Is that all? I was afraid you were breaking up with me! When would your Junior year start overseas?"

"In the fall. School acceptance letters will be sent later this spring."

"Oh hell, like they'd turn you down. I'm sure the University offers a Masters in Engineering. I'll just apply for that program and go with you. I'll have my B.E degree when term ends and with my grades, English fluency and good looks, I'm guaranteed admission. And we'll have four months to settle in England and get acclimated before school starts."

"They don't base admission on looks King."

"I'm sending a photo anyway. Give them something to drool over in the meantime."

Ram sighed heavily but his smile grew larger and he couldn't help to let out a low laugh. "You would really go with me?"

"Of course. My mom told me that you are a beautiful package that I took the longest and most careful time unwrapping step by step to only find out what's inside was something I didn't know I needed but is now something I can't live without. My mom does have a way with words doesn't she? I love you so much, no way am I going to let you go without me."

Another shy smile and even a blush tinged Ram's cheek. "Thank you. I love you too. Even if I don't say it often enough."

"And anyway, I want to go since I'm excited for you to learn more languages since you can then teach me some new words."

A questioning gaze. King was still the most outrageous flirt and Ram wondered if what he'd hear next was going to go exactly how he thought it would.

"It'd be more ways for you to say do me Daddy, come fuck me, faster, harder, oh you are a sex god among men." The leer he thew Ram would make most men and women strip off their clothes and spread their legs in a heartbeat.

Ram's eyes twinkled as he considered his boyfriend. Yes, you are your mothers' son in more ways than one. "Hmph. You wish I'd call you Daddy but that's one thing you'll never hear coming out of my mouth." He had said more to King in the past ten minutes than all of yesterday but there was one more thing he thought his boyfriend would appreciate hearing. Ram stood, pulled off his tee shirt and started to unbutton his jeans. "Quit talking and come show Daddy how you can better use your mouth."