Chapter I: Hot Breakfast and Headaches

"Knock knock knock"

"Knock knock knock". The noise came from the door as Milani woke up out of her sleep and opened the door for her energetic mother. "Good morning my beautiful baby! I made you breakfast my love. I made you pancakes and bacon and your orange juice is sitting on the kitchen table waiting for you." she said. "Thank you momma but you know I don't eat breakfast in the morning." Milani said with a voice of tiredness. "I know love but you know this is the most I can do for you since I'm not here all the time due to me working those over night shifts to make sure my baby lives a stress free life unlike me."

Dominique said at Milani in a slight sad tone. Milani goes over and wraps her beautiful brown arms around her mother and softly told her "Ma I understand that you work hard and I know that you do things that you think that's best for me and I'm not complaining. Trust and believe that. I'll eat the breakfast ma just put it in the microwave." Domonique hugged her daughter back and left the room and gave Milani her privacy.

Milani opened her blinds to let sunshine graze her pink and white room. She entered her bathroom as she took her shower and did her daily morning routine. She did her facial and her teeth whiting session while brushing her long black silky hair. She plugged up the flat irons while she heard her phone go off. "Buzz Buzz Buzz." She stops brushing her hair and answers the phone. "Hello?" She said. "Hi my grand baby I heard you were getting ready for your first day at your new school!" Granny said. "Yea granny I am can I call you back later I'm getting ready bye I love you." Milani had hung up the phone and hooked her phone to the speaker and played Baby Smoove "On The Flo" and proceeded to get ready.

Milani fed her dogs and made her bed before getting into her crispy white Benz. "Hey Siri what's the quickest route to Simeon high school?". She asked her phone. "Start destination by turning right on elm drive." She put on her seatbelt and drove all the way from the burbs to the city. It was a 30 minute drive but Milani didn't mind. She parked her car,locked it,and walked to the school. She greeted the staff and went to the office to get her schedule and a student got called to the office to help her out.

"What yo lil rich ass doing ova here? Should've you be in a lil private school with them bougie ass white bitches?" I seen that car you pulled up in" Tamika had said. "Umm excuse the hell out of me miss nosy bitch. I don't wanna be in this school no-more than you want me here the hell. You acting like it was my choice to come to this bitch. I'm only going here because it's close to where my momma be working at. Anything else? Witcho nosy ass." said Milani in a snappy response.

"Aw okay miss suburbs. You don't take shit from nobody. I like that." Tamika said with a smirk. Tamika and Milani had a decent amount of classes together so they spent their school time with each other and hit it off pretty well. "RINGGG RINGGG RINGGG." It was time to transition classes so Milani and Tamika went to their different classes. Milani went to her locker to put up her books and paperwork until a boy caught her eye.

"Aye Tae foe what yo bitch ass on afta skoo boa?" Tyquan said while shaking up with Keonte. "Aye boa you know I gotta serve a few niggas and do my work boa." Keonte said. "Ite bet hit my line afta this bitch. Get up wit me and match pussy." Tyquan said. "Ite bet" Keonte said. "Damn girl you nosy as hell you was listenin the whole time?" Keonte said with a smirk. "Boy get the fuck on. Not my fault y'all was loud as hell. Go play with your mother not with me lil boy."

Milani said in a snappy response. "Damn it's like that shorty?" Whats yo name then. I like my bitches mean. Witcho bougie ass" Keonte said trying to make Milani mad on purpose. "BOY WHO IN THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING A BITCH?!" Milani said in a angry voice while balling up her tiny fists. "Shorty chillll I was playing I don't call girls like you a bitch. Witcho bougie ass. What you doing here anyway shouldn't you be up north wit dem white people?" Keonte said. "If another mfka ask me that one more damn time." Milani said while rolling her eyes. "Aye naw for real doe I got a question." Keonte said.