Chapter 1

Freddy and Firestar were sitting, watching Brambleclaw's and Squirrelflight's kits, Alderkit and Sparkkit playing. Although Juniperkit and Dandelionkit sadly passed away, Alderkit and Sparkkit remained healthy and strong.
"I'm so proud of Squirrlflight," Firestar said, purring.
"I don't blame you," Freddy said, "Alderkit and Sparkkit are wonderful."
As Freddy continued to watch, he began to realize how so many familiar faces were gone and new ones were coming. A long while back, Whitewing had kits and Sorreltail and Brightheart had their second litter.
"It's shame Fredca can't have kits," Firestar said. Fredca was unable to have any kits with any cats due to being an android. But Freddy knew she didn't mind. She was happy that her best friends had kits.
"She doesn't mind," Freddy said. "She's just proud to serve Thunderclan."
"She's a good warrior," Firestar," but I think she would make a great mother." Freddy wondered what it would be like to have grandchildren but knew it just couldn't happen.
"Well, I'm going on a patrol with Brightheart," Firestar said getting up. "And I want you, Chica, and Fredca to come too."
"Of course," Freddy said.

As the patrol walked through the forest, Chica tripped.
"Are you ok," Freddy asked.
"I'm fine," Chica replied. But Freddy had a feeling she wasn't fine. She didn't even trip on anything.
"Mother, are you ok," Fredca asked.
"Why don't you guys go on ahead," Freddy said. "We'll catch up." The others nodded and went off.
"Freddy there's no need for this, I'm fine," Chica said.
"You're not fine," Freddy said. "You tripped on nothing."
Chica sighed. "Oh Freddy, look at us. We're getting old."
"Is that was this about," Freddy asked.
"I don't want to have the clan take care of us," Chica explained.
"But Chica, we've done so much for the clans. I think we deserve a break," Freddy said.
"But I don't want to be an elder and have the apprentices take care of me."
"They don't have to all the time, and we can still serve the clans. We just won't go on patrols. We can still take strolls around the forest. Chica, we need to do what's best for us. I think retiring is our best option. How about after this patrol, we tell Firestar we will retire to the elders' den, ok?"
Chica thought for a moment. "Ok," she finally said.
"Good now let's go make our last patrol our best one yet," Freddy said.
"I thought it was my job to reassure you," Chica said.
"I guess your wisdom was passed on to me," Freddy responded.
As they began to catch up with the rest of the patrol, a badger came outback of the bushes and attacked.
"Chica get back," Freddy shouted and ran towards the badger. The badger hit Freddy, sending him crashing into a tree. Chica ran to the badger but she stumbled, making the badger slam her to the ground. Freddy struggled to get up. His back aching in pain. He saw as the badger snarled and Chica looking up. She tried to move but the badger opened its jaw and but down on her neck.
"Chica," Freddy shouted. He got and pushed the badger away, making my release Chica. The badger snarled and ran away. Freddy went up to Chica's body and shook. But she didn't move.
"No Chica, don't be dead," he moaned. The rest of the patrol came and Fredca let out a yowl.
"Mother," she yelled. "Father what happped?"
"A badger," Freddy said sobbing. "Killed her. She's dead, Fredca. She's dead." Firestar and Brightheart looked in horror and sadness as Freddy hugged and Fredca over Chica's body.