Chapter 3

Freda entered the camp, straight into the medicine den after Alderheart came to her and told her something was wrong with her father.
"Leafpool, what's going on," Rainwhisker after noticing Fredca. Leafpool had just entered the camp.
"There something wrong with Freddy," Leafpool explained. "Rainwhisker I need to make sure no one else goes in the medicine den, understand." Rainwhisker nodded.

"Father, I'm here," Fredca said.
"It seems my time has come," Freddy said.
"No, it can't be not yet," Fredca said.
"Fredca, sometimes things happen that we don't want to happen, and there's nothing we can do to stop them." Freddy explained. "Think of it this way, when I join Starclan, I'll get to be with all my friends and family, including your mother."
"But you won't be with me," replied Fredca.
"That's not true and you know it," said Freddy. "Fredca, no matter where you go, I'll always be with you. I love you."
"I love you too," Fredca said, beginning to cry. Freddy was about to let out another cough but instead he let out a small gasp and closed his eyes. His chest lowering. Fredca sobbed. Leafpool and Alderheart, who sat and watched, left the den to tell the clan. When they went out, the cats all gathered wondering what happened. Leafpool was about to speak when Bramblestar entered the camp.
"What's going on," he asked.
I'm sad to report that Freddy is dead," Leafpool announced. The cat all gasped.
"What," Rainwhisker said.
"He died saying goodbye to Fredca," Leafpool went on.
"No, no," Rainwhisker moaned, crouching down as the clans all bowed their heads in sadness.
"Leafpool, may I go inside and speak with Fredca," Bramblestar asked. Leafpool nodded. Bramblestar went in to see Fredca, who was still huddled over her father's body.
"I'm so sorry, Fredca," Bramblestar said. "You're father was a great warrior. One who will always be remembered." Fredca didn't say anything and continued to sob. Bramblestar was about to leave only to ask Fredca a question.
"Fredca, since there is a Gathering tonight, I was thinking we could take Freddy's body, so that all the clans can sit vigil for. If you don't mind?" Freda turned to him and nodded. Bramblestar nodded back and left the den.