Hold on.

Authors note: this is a short chapter but don't skip! A lot is about to change ;)

His tall figure was keeping the sun from hitting my face, which helped me cool down. He looked weirdly... relieved?

he stepped in closer to me and I could still feel the heat from all around me, I was so close to passing out. "I just wanted to check in, I know you had a rough morning since... well its my fault, that's what i'm trying to say" He looked really flustered, I knew how bad he felt and didn't want him to feel any worse. "hey, we already went over this. It's no big deal. I gotta go... okay?" I said while rushing away, it was almost 90 degrees in Paris, if I had kept standing there I would've fainted.

Once I got to my room I turned on the AC and laid on my bed, I had too much to think about right now.

~Adrien's POV~

Maybe I need to leave her alone right now, Chat and Adrien are already confusing her. 

I laid on my cool floor while staring at my blank ceiling, god my room looked so bland.  That's why I love Mari's room, everything about it screams Marinette.

"Why do I care so much about her recently? I never really cared about her before this." I said while shaking my head, I could hear Plagg muttering but I didn't really care what he was saying.

Suddenly Plagg came right above me and calmly said "Adrien... Is it possible that you like Marinette?" He looked annoyed with me, but he has to be wrong. Me and Marinette? Marinette and me? I always felt like she was one of my closest friends but not like that. But I keep thinking of her eyes, they feel so familiar but like they're a million worlds away. I can't be thinking about this right now it's too confusing.  

I was frantically pacing around my room, nothing makes sense right now. "Plagg don't, not right now. I need to get out of this awful house. Maybe I actually should go see her again, check up on her and make sure she's okay." 

Plagg looked at me like he wanted to kill me, "Adrien you might want to see her but does she even want to see you?" Wow, that was harsh. 

"Well I'll never know if I don't check!" I added, I could tell Plagg wasn't too happy with me, I quickly checked in Nathalie was near and yelled "PLAGG CLAWS OUT!" and headed out to Mari's, the sky was such a pretty black, you could see all the stars in the sky. It reminded me of Marinette's hair, a dark blue that no one could replicate. It suited her perfectly.

I stopped at one roof top near by and saw she wasn't on her roof, I carefully dropped to her roof making sure not to make a sound in case she was asleep. I opened the hatch and saw her next to her sewing machine fast asleep, I chuckled a little and sneaked in. The whole room was dark except for the lamp next to her desk, I wish I had a cozy room like hers. I climbed down her bed and went next to her, what was I supposed to do? Should I wake her up? I mean I'm already here so why not? In the middle of my thought I could see her eyes open a little, I could tell this was gonna be bad.

She immediately got up and punched me in the stomach, not knowing who  was because of how dark it was. I fell to the floor, god was was hard. "God Mari I knew you might not wanna see me but we don't have to get physical" I chuckled while moaning in pain. 

"Oh god Chat I didn't know it was you! Wait what the hell are you doing in my room anyways?" she asked, she had her hair in a bun and was wearing some gray sweat pants and a white tank top with a little ladybug on it. I've never seen her in laid back clothes, it's nice :)

"I just wanted to check in again, I didn't know if you hated me!" I yelped, she looked kind of sad. "hey, do you wanna talk? Not about what happened just about anything, it looks like you need someone to talk to right now." I added, I could see a little smile creep on her face even if she didn't want me to see. "yeah that would be.. nice" she softly spoke. 

Once we came to her rooftop she looked at me and I could see tears start to form, her big blue eyes were shining in the moonlight and I could see how hurt they were. 

"Honestly, it's about that boy from before, the one who went to Andre's ice cream truck?" she confessed. God this kid again? Why does she like him so much if she treats her like crap? "I just can't stop loving him" she whispered while looking into her hands. "At least... thats what I thought." she blushed, I could feel my eyes widen staring at her. 

"Wow Mari, that's great!" I said in a way too enthusiastic voice as I stared at the moon. "Is it though? I just.. I've liked him for so long. Ever since he gave me that stupid umbrella."

Hold on.