Bedtime

[A/n: Some more Ruke content for you, your welcome.

Warnings: Language and there is a scene where someone gets an anxiety attack, breaks will be before and after]

Reggie's pov:

Right after Luke hands me my phone back, Julie's dad comes in.

"All right, I want you all in bed, no talking. Its a school night so go right to sleep."

Julie sighs and rolls her eyes. "Yes dad."

He leaves the room.

"I'm sorry, I only have two air mattresses, are you guys good to pair up if I sleep with Flynn?"  Julie asks.

"Oh, ya that'll be fine." Luke says, smirking at Willie and Alex. Then he points to his eyes and Alex's. "No funny business you two."

Alex pretends to surrender and holds his hands up. "Yes sir."

It only hits me now that that leaves me and Luke to share the other bed. Oh no. This is going to be super awkward. I silently unroll my sleeping bag and set it on the mattress. Luke unrolls his and throws it onto the mattress next to mine.

Julie turns out the light and crawls into her bed with Flynn. "Goodnight guys."

"Goodnight." We all reply.

Me and Luke get into our sleeping bags and Luke rolls over to face me.

"So, um, Reggie?" He whispers.

"Ya?" I whisper back, my voice shaking.

"What was that thing you had searched about? I saw that you made a ship name out of our names."

There's no denying it now, he saw it and our friendship was about to be over. Silent tears fall down my face as I try to decide what to say.  Luke reaches over and dries my tears, which makes me shiver from his touch.

Before I really decided to, I started confessing. "I- I like you Luke.  More than I should as friends.  And I know that you're straight and never will feel the same way for me as I do for you so I'm so sorry if you feel awkward around me now. Can we please stay friends?" I start crying again.

Luke stops wiping my tears and let's his hand rest on my face.  "I wouldn't be to sure about that." He says.

"What?" Wait, what part is he talking about, him being straight or him not liking me back or us staying friends?  I turn away from him and bury my face in my hands.  He's probably saying that we can't be friends anymore.

~Anxiety Attack~

My breaths start getting harder to take and I can't stop crying.  Why does it have to be Luke that I like? It could have been anyone else but it had to be him. Now our friendship is ruined. All because of my stupid crush on him. I struggle to breathe and then I realize something. This feels exactly how Alex describes his anxiety attacks.

Luke's pov:

"I- I like you Luke.  More than I should as friends.  And I know that you're straight and never will feel the same way for me as I do for you so I'm so sorry if you feel awkward around me now. Can we please stay friends?" Reggie whispers,  starting to cry again.

Woahh,  wait. Reggie likes me? For some reason this made me feel exited. Thats when it hits me. What if the reason why I've been feeling this way is because I like Reggie and I've been jealous?