Chapter Fourteen

~ 17 hours later ~

Thomas' POV

"She still hasn't woken up?" 

"No, not yet Tommy," Newt sat down beside me. We just sat there in silence for a few minutes. I stared into the dark grey wall in front of me. I closed my eyes, leaning my head at the wall behind me, wishing for Y/N to wake up. A giggle interrupted my thoughts. I turned my head to my right looking at Newt.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously. 

"Nothing. It just...who would've thought that out of all places, we're hiding out in a secret corridor within the maze. The Maze," he shooked his head lightly still giggling in somewhat disbelieve. He made me giggle too. 

"Yeah, I know right. The maze. Who would've thought." We were both laughing at the irony. No matter how bad the situation may be, Newt always manages to make me laugh. 

"She's awake," someone shouted from inside the room. 

Y/N's POV

I opened my eyes getting blinded by a bright white light. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings. As soon as I realized where I was, my heart leapt into my throat as panic surged through me. 

"It's okay. Y/N, it's okay." A pair of hands took a hold of me lightly cupping my cheeks. I looked up and my eyes met his mesmerizing ones. I let out a shaky breath I didn't realize I had been holding. 

"Tho...Thomas..." I stuttered out, my voice edged with fear. I grabbed ahold of his shirt burying my face in his chest as he stroke my hair. 

"It's okay, I'm right here," he snuffled his head into the crock of my neck, holding me tighter.

After a few seconds, I pulled back gently grabbing my abdomen due to the pain.

"What are we doing here?"

"We needed to get you stitched up and Thomas mentioned this place," Winston said. 

I shot my eyes closed as I remembered what happened. The pain, the spear, Gally... it's all coming back to me now. I sighed. With Thomas' help, I managed to sit up, swinging my legs over the side of the metal table on which I woke up. I looked up at him and I could clearly see the hurt and worry in his eyes. 

"Guys, can you give us a moment?" I didn't take my eyes off of him. 

"Sure thing, we'll be right outside," and with that, the others left us. 

 "Thomas I..."

"I really thought I lost you. I thought you died," a tear escaping his swollen eyes. He's been crying before, I could tell. 

I sighed, "So did I." 

He sniffled and whipped his teary eyes with the back of his hand. 

"I'm not gonna let Gally get away with it," he said through gritted teeth. 

"Thomas..." I said as he opened the door. 

"No! He's not getting away with this. He's dead," and with that, he walked out the door.

The others looked at me baffled as Thomas walked by them. 

"What happened?" Minho asked. I just shrugged my shoulders not knowing what to say. 

"Great we're all bloody inspired," Newt said as Thomas walked past him.

"Newt, don't even start," Thomas hissed. 

"NO! So what's your plan then huh? Are you just going to leave all of us here and walk back straight into the glade and kill Gally? Is that's what you want to do? If that's the case then go ahead. Do it. Just don't expect us to come running and save your as." Newt walked over to me and I took his hand in mine, hoping to calm him down a little. Thomas stopped in his tracks, his back still facing us. 

"Thomas, Newt is right. You can't do that. Look I know that you're upset and you have every right to be so but Thomas you..." he cut me of. 

"I can't let him get away with this," he slowly turned around walking back to me. "He almost killed you. I can't ever forgive him for that."

Minho laid a hand on his shoulder: "No one is telling you to forgive him. All we're asking for is for you to not act recklessly and end up getting yourself killed. Y/N is still injured and we can't go back to the glade. Now right now at least. It's better if we just lay low for a little while. Come up with a plan, get Y/N back on her feet."

"You know, Minho's right," I said and looked at him lightly stroking a bit of hair away from his beautiful brown eyes. 

"But..." his voice cracked "You got hurt. It's my job to keep you safe and I couldn't. You got hurt because of me," my heart shattered as he broke down in front of me. 

"No Thomas. You're the reason why I'm still alive. Don't you ever blame yourself," I cupped his face with both my hands. "You know me, I can take care of myself. Besides, there is no way Gally is getting rid of me that easy. As if he could ever kill me. We both know I'm way out of his league," I said with a laugh, making a small smile appear on his and the other's lips. 

"Yeah, you don't say. Guess we're stuck with you," Minho laughed.

"Ha ha very funny Minho," Newt said sarcastically. 

"I'm joking, I'm just joking. You know we love you," he said while putting his hands above his head in defeat still laughing. 

Thomas pulled me into a hug, resting his head on top of mine. I hugged him back. 

"Don't worry we'll get Gally. Just promise me one thing."

"Anything," Thomas said. 

"When we see him again, I'm the one punching him to the ground."

Thomas laughed "Sure thing love. I wouldn't have it any other way"