Q&A w/ israa_rowan

What happened to the family's Toyota Corolla?
livesweetlyy

UM... okay, so for a recap, Samira's father owned a car, a Toyota Corolla. And as they were leaving their apartment for the last time, Samira notes she couldn't see the car anywhere. To be honest, you guys can just imagine what happened to it yourselves. BUT, when I was writing that chapter, I was thinking that her father sold the car, since they couldn't take it with them.

Who do you relate to most?
lonely_cheesecake

Ooohhh... okay I like this question. I think I relate to Iman and Sky the most, which is weird. Honestly, I think I relate to Samira the least. She's kind of how people see me before they get to actually know me. But Iman and Sky react to different situations similarly to how I react, so I relate to them the most.

Why did they have to leave?
lonely_cheesecake

This question I've been asked ALOT, and I totally understand why. Tbh, I don't know. Yeah, I know I'm the author, I'm supposed to know. But I don't. Which is why when I go back and edit, I'm going to add a lil' something to help explain why they might've moved. I also might add a bonus chapter if we get to 600 votes or something, and it'll probably take place BEFORE they moved (it'll hold a lot of answers!)

Did Samira win the post she applied for?
kulsum_75

I thought I might get asked this. Samira ran for Sophomore Secretary at her school, against someone she dislikes quite a bit, Morgan.

I didn't want to end the story in a very basic way by having her find out she won the post, but I did drop some hints in the last two chapters where Samira wasn't really sure if she was going to win but then began to feel more confident. And that's all she needs. She doesn't REALLY need to win, and if Morgan wins, well, I personally kind of feel like her family probably won't let her actually take on the post after everything. So did she win Sophomore Secretary? That's completely up to you and your imagination.

***********************
Thank you all for your amazing questions! The next few are just ones I've added myself, so feel free to read
***********************

Will there be a sequel?

That's actually a good question! But seriously, I definitely will not be writing a sequel to this story. I just don't feel like it needs one, we've got an ending and I think it works well. I remember when I was in the middle of writing this story, probably around the time chapter 10 was originally published, I kind of wanted to write a sequel to this book. But obviously now, I just don't want to sequel to feel forced. (That doesn't mean I'm done writing!)

How old are the characters?

Another good question! So, our main characters Samira, Sky, Morgan and Latonya, are all high school Freshman in America. That's equivalent to secondary school if thats what your more familiar with. But anyway, that's puts them at 14-15 years old.

Some other characters, like Iman and Mohammed, are either older or younger than the characters before. Iman is noted to be in middle school, and we anyway already know that's she's younger than Samira. I put her in sixth grade, which makes her 11-12. Mohamed on the other hand is noted to a grade ahead of Samira, making him a current high school Sophomore. That puts him at around 15-16 years old.
***********************
That's all I have for today! Once we hit 600 votes I will start working on a bonus chapter! Bye!
***********************