8| Queen Bee

Here we go again.

I walked into the large cafeterias double doors, holding a plastic tray with a single skinny slice of cheese pizza.

I looked around for Aria, but couldn't see her anywhere, so I moved on, trying to find another place to sit.

I heard giggling, and I didn't even have to look before realizing who they were coming from. I turned away from the trouble and started to walk over to a table of girls in the other direction. I set my tray down on their table and took a seat next to a blue-haired girl.

The girl looked at me and smiled. She had teal-colored hair, with some remains of what seemed to be her natural blonde hair at the roots, and a round face with greenish-blue eyes.

"You're the new girl!" she exclaimed, causing all eyes to shift towards me, for the second time on the second day of school.

I slowly nodded, putting on a fake smile.

I was about to start talking to the blue-haired girl when I started to notice a small change in her expression.

She looked like she wanted to say something, but was too afraid to say it, so I asked: "What's wrong?"

The girl hesitated before finally replying, "How do I say your name?"

Maybe if yesterday hadn't happened, I would've started to laugh out loud in front of the entire school.

Her question was silly in a way, but it showed she didn't want to embarrass or hurt me. And, even though the old me would've laughed at such a question, the new me knows that just because the people in Dubai can say my name, doesn't mean the people in Lansing can say my name because they are different.

Very different.

"Sami," I said, finally answering her question.

The girl's expressions suddenly looked relived, yet shocked. "Oh! Well... I'm Sky."

I almost burst out laughing. Do Americans really name themselves after the sky?

"That is a beautiful name," I lied.

"Thanks," Sky replied, blushing. "Your in algebra two, right?"

I nodded.

Sky hesitated, "Well... I'm not doing so well in geometry. I was wondering if maybe we could meet at the library... and work on some geometry together?"

"Yes!" I beamed. Sky smiled, began to introduce me to everyone else at the table.

******

When lunch was finally over, I finally felt like I had a friend, even though we barely knew each other.

"Hey, Samireeah!" a high pitched voice yelled from behind me.

I raised my eyebrows, confused, and slightly annoyed at the sound of her voice. "Hi?"

I turned around, and there stood a blacked haired girl that looked of Asian descent. The girl wore a tight t-shirt and jeans that looked like she put them on a free cat scratching post. And right next to her, was Morgan.

The girl laughed, and sighed, "I'm Latonya, Latonya Lee if you wanna be fancy." I shot her a puzzled look, then she sighed, "Look, we've got a girl who calls herself 'the queen bee', you might not want to trouble her, okay?"

I took a deep, relieving sigh. I remembered in the American movies, the queen be of school was always a tall blonde haired girl. At least this isn't the queen bee.

But I thought too soon. The girl smirked, "That's me by the way. Come on now, why do you hide your hair?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say. She seemed curious, but I didn't want to talk to her at all. She laughed a little, "Oh so it's a secret? Isn't it?"

The rest of the girls began to laugh loudly, including Morgan. Morgan turned to look at me again then said coldly, "Just promise you'll stay out of our way, okay? We've seen people like you, all of them are the same."

I wanted to run away, maybe to hide, or even just disappear into thin air. But I felt like I was surrounded with no way of escaping. I was trapped.

Morgan, Latonya, and the rest of the girls began to slowly walk towards me. Morgan looked me in the eye, put on a sly smile, and sneered, "All you have to do is promise..."

Sooo

Sooo... what do you guys think? This was a hard chapter to write, I'm not sure why. Thanks for reading!