Welcome to U.A.│01

_____________

_____________

"It was only for a brief moment..."

  Midoriya stood in the crowd of people, sweat seeping from his palms in nervousness. He looked around, pondering how so many of these people could be calm. Even with his new power, he just got it a few hours ago, and him being a rushed vessel didn't sound very promising.

  As he was looking around, his eyes were abruptly stopped as a familiar brunette caught his eye.

  Oh, it's the person I met at the school gates! The nice person! He thought.

  He stepped forward, about to make his way to the girl. Midoriya froze midway as he felt something weighing down his shoulder. He turned his head.

  He's here too?!

  "What are you doing here? Are you taking the entrance exam to interfere with everyone else?"

   Midoriya widened his eyes and immediately jumped back, waving his hands in front of him in defense.

  "N-No! Of course not..." he stuttered helplessly.

  "That guy was the one who was about to trip in front of the school gates, right?"

  Before he knew it, everyone started looking at him.

  "The one who winced after being called out."

  "At the very least we have one less rival to worry about, huh?"

  "Lucky for us."

  Midoriya looked down at the floor as Iida looked down at him with crossed arms.

  I feel like the others think they're lucked out because I'm here, he thought.

  "Okay, start!"

  Everyone paused their mumbling and looked up at the man representing a cockatoo who stood upon a tower, silence filling the air.

  "What's wrong?! There are no countdowns in real fights! Run! Run! The die has been cast you know!"

  Midoriya turned around to look back at everyone, but they had already run off. He widened his eyes and hurriedly ran to catch up after them. He panted as he still continued to fall behind.

  Calm down, calm down. It's fine, it's fine! He reassured himself, thinking back to what All Might told him.

  He looked around frantically in search of any more robots, but all in the surrounding area have been destroyed. He continued to run, still searching. He smiled widely in relief as he saw a 2 point robot came into view. Before he could destroy it, a giant spike immediately rose from the ground and pierced through the robot.