The Unfair Game 16

Two weeks has passed without Marcel finding out where Anessa is. He still holding Malia has hostage and waiting on Anessa to call her phone again. During that two weeks, he haven't spear any of the men he sent to search for Anessa. It's like he was loosing his mind and the thought of killing Malia to get to Anessa rides his mind everyday.

Anessa sat in the small brown couch in the living room, skipping through the channels on the television. She was bored being here for so long and worst she hardly speak to Khalil. Her finger pressed on the volume button when she saw Malia's picture came on the screen.

"What?" The remote fell from her hands when she heard that Malia has been missing for two weeks. Her mom was on the television crying and begging for the return of her daughter.

Anessa ran to Khalil's room and started banging on it, she forgot he went out to get them grocery and she pushed the room door open. She started to search for the phone and when she found it, she quickly dial Malia's number. She trembled as she wait impatiently hoping Malia will pick up. She sighed in relief when she heard the line opened up.

"Malia! Thank god! Where are you? I just saw the news and it said you are missing" Anessa said in one breath.

"Hello beautiful" Marcel voice hit the breath out of her. A sharp pain attacked her chest of the thought that came to her mind as to why Marcel have Malia's phone.

"Come home beautiful if you want your friend to go free refuse to and she is dead" Marcel said deadly.

"Anessa don't come back!" Malia cried out. Marcel shut her up by stuffing a piece of cloth in her mouth.

"Ma...Marcel please don't hurt her" Anessa begged.

"I won't if you come home sweetheart and if you don't I will kill Malia then pay your aunt Maggie a visit in Venezuela." With that he end the call and Anessa fell on the floor.

"No! No! Nooooooo!"she cried out.

Khalil heard her and the bags fell from his hands, he rushed in the house and saw her on the floor crying hard. He rushed to her and pulled her close to him.

"What happened?" He asked her.

"Mar... He have... Malia and is going to kill her if I don't return" she cried, fisiting Khalil's shirt.

"You can't go back there" he said to her.

"He will kill her Khalil and then my aunt, I of to go back" she cried.

"Ok, calm down and we will figure this out" he told her.

He couldn't get her to calm down so he had to drug her so she could go to sleep so he could think of what's the next move. He didn't want her to loose her friend and he couldn't risk loosing her.

💗💗

Anessa woke up hours later, a slight headache creeped up on her because of how heavy she cried. She cool down a bit before taking a shower and got dress in a white dress. She walked to the lounge room where Khalil is sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

"Hey" Anessa hoarse voice said.

"Hi, how are you feeling now?" He asked looking up at her.

She walked towards him."Not well, I am ready to help you take Marcel down" she told him.

"I can't risk you going back there Anessa, I can't" he told her shaking his head side to side.

Anessa walked over to him and sat on his lap, Khalil was surprised by her sudden action but said nothing. She straddled him and cupped his face, staring deep into his hazel eyes.