Chapter 12

~~~

"Let's go"

Irene stood and offered her hand to Y/N. Y/N looked at her in confusion but still took her hand. Irene used her strength to pull Y/N up.

"Where to?"

"Somewhere I know. It has a better view of the moon." Irene answered as she dragged Y/N. Y/N felt Irene's hand intertwined their hands.

Y/N awed in amusement as they reached their destination. In this view, you can really see the moon very well.

 In this view, you can really see the moon very well

(Like this)

"Wow!"

"I know right?" Irene said proudly. She watched Y/N with her eyes glistening in happiness.

"How'd you find this place? It's amazing."

"I was wandering around before and my feet brought me here," Irene answered as she looked up. "I told myself that one day, I'll bring her here too. Then we'll stare at the sky together. Probably with our hand intertwined."

Y/N felt her heart racing. She looked back at Irene. The longing in Irene's eyes is still there. Irene's averted her eyes from the sky as her eyes met Y/N's.

With Irene's available hand, she caressed Y/N's cheek.

"How could you forget about me, N/n?" Irene said. The nickname is too familiar. Her eyes widened in realization.

"Irene -"

Irene shook her head as tears are falling from her eyes, "No, it's Joobun. I'm your Joobun, N/n."

Y/N cupped her cheeks and wiped away her tears. She felt guilty for ignoring her and let alone, she forgot about her. "I'm sorry, Joobun."

"No, it's ok. What matters is you're here again. You remember me now." Irene said as she closed her eyes, feeling Y/N's hands on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Joobun. I was a coward. I let my friends influenced me to forget about you." Y/N told her the truth.

"Why would you do that?"

"You were my first love, Joobun," Y/N confessed. "They told me that first love never ends up together. They told me to just forget about you and forget the feelings I had for you."

Did you? Irene wanted to ask this but she knows better. She shouldn't. She won't be able to handle the pain once she heard that she's not in love with her. That she's probably in love with someone else. By someone else, it's her sister.

Irene is not naive. She knows how her sister stares at her.  She confessed to her that night that Suzy has feelings for Y/N. It makes her anxious. Suzy is already warning her. It's her way for her to say that Irene should back off.

But how can she back off?

"I've waited for her to come back and remember me. I love her too, Suzy-ah." Irene thought.