Prologue

A wail echoed through the hallways of the hospital. Usually when one hears such a sound, they would instantly think that someone is grieving over a dearly lost one. If one would follow the sounds, they would come to a room where a (h/c)-ed woman laid on a hospital bed. Her hair was shorn short. Her big (e/c) eyes were red and from crying. On her body hung a hospital gown, and connected to her were wires that pumped essential things into her. Another wail left the woman who was crying over the latest manga chapter of her favorite manga, called Boku No Hero Academia. In English terms, it meant My Hero Academia.

Tears ran down her face as she clutched a tissue to her nose. She sniffled before blowing into her tissue. "Why?! Why did Shigaraki have to suffer so much?!"

She sobbed loudly. She tossed her soaked into the overflowing waste basket, expertly making the shot. Grabbing another tissue from the box, she blew her nose. "The villains always have tragic backstories. Why can't there be a good villain?"

As she went to go back to previous chapters, an advertisement lit up her phone screen. It was gold and shining, and written in bold words were "ARE YOU TIRED OF EVERYDAY LIFE? CLICK ON THIS, AND YOU'LL HAVE A NEW ADVENTURE EVERY DAY!"

Now to any other person, they would just close the advertisement, but you were different. Your past had limited you to most experiences. Your father had died when you were only a baby, and your mom began to drink. The first few years were okay although your mom didn't pay much attention to you. When you turned five, everything changed. One day, you were just playing with your toys when your mom barged into and hit you for being too loud. You had to learn to cope with your mom's abusive behavior, and no one seemed to notice the bruises that they chalked up to rough playing with other children. This behavior continued until you were in your mid-teens only when a disgruntled ex-boyfriend of her mom's called the police to report her having a large amount of drugs.

You were then shipped off to foster care where your foster families didn't care. They just wanted money. You weren't able to make any friends due to your quiet behavior and high school passed uneventfully. When you were 18, you were kicked out of foster care. You worked for fast-food places while paying for rent, utilities, and school. Everything seemed to be going great as you made friends and started on the journey to the career you always wanted. But when you turned 21, you went to a doctor's checkup after feeling fatigue, coughing, and pain. You didn't expect to find out you had an aggressive type of cancer that would kill you in a few years.

You discovered who were your true friends since most of them abandoned you. You had to drop out of college to pay for the medical bills, and as the years passed, your body began to wither. Bones began to poke out, and bruises from the slightest bump colored your skin in grotesque splotches of black, purple, green, and yellow.

So when you saw this advertisement, you rolled your eyes in amusement. If you got a virus from opening it, oh, well. It's not like it would corrupt anything on her phone since it was an old model. Maybe it would give her a chance to get a newer model.

She clicked onto the ad with her thumb, and her eyes followed the advertisement change. It flashed white before another banner and a countdown appeared.

Welcome to God's Warriors, (y/n) (l/n).

Five. Wait, how did they know my name?

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

A bright light filled my vision and a weightlessness covered my body. A comforting blanket wrapped around me, washing away the soreness from my muscles. A strength that I've never felt before filled me, and as I felt all of this, a voice called to me.

"Welcome, (y/n), to your to new life."