𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐎, be mine?

BE MINE?
A Diego Hargreeves x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Someone gets a little too close for comfort while at work one day but thankfully, there was someone to help you

WARNING(S): creepy men who can't take no for an answer (674 words)

"(Y/L/N)! Breaks done in 5 minutes," your boss said, slapping the wall in front of your seat loudly to bring you back to reality

"(Y/L/N)! Breaks done in 5 minutes," your boss said, slapping the wall in front of your seat loudly to bring you back to reality. Nodding, you stood up and cleaned up your desk before making your way towards the rink where many men and women were either training or boxing. You climbed into the rink beside the coach and nodded at him, signalling to him that he can go on his break now.

Coaching was a passion of yours that you always wanted to be growing up. You were introduced to boxing when you were 11 and loved it every since, though a slight injury caused your body to not be able to wrestle again.

"What's a pretty girl like you working here?" A man in his early 20s asked as he stood below the rink behind you with a smile on his face.

"I enjoy boxing," you replied simply, arms crossed in front of your chest as you put your focus back on the two people boxing in the rink again. Once the two were done boxing you whipped your head around to see him still staring at you, a smile back on his face that you're facing him again.

"Do you need anything?" You asked him, to where he only shook his head and let out a laugh.

"I was going to ask you if you'd want to grab a drink after your shift? Names Jackson." he said with a smirk, clearly not noticing how disinterested you are in him. You had to stop yourself from rolling your eyes.

"I'm busy" you blandly replied before focusing on to the new people in the rink.

"C'mon whats a drink going to do, I'm only trying to get to know you yeah?" Jackson spoke again. 'God did he not know how to take a hint?' you thought

"I think she said she isn't interested buddy," A familiar voice spoke, causing you to turn around to be faced with your co-worker Diego Hargreeves. You could tell they were both equally angry but before you could even say anything Jackson spoke again, "Now how would you know that-"

"Because I'm her boy friend" Diego cut him off, taking Jackson back in surprise. It looked like he wanted to say something but became a stuttering mess before giving you an embarrassed smile, quickly running off into the change room afterwards.

"You okay?" Diego asked, stepping into the rink to stand beside you. You only nodded in response, somewhat use to the occasional men hitting on you and trying to take you on a date.

"How bout we go to Griddy's and get some donuts after closing up?" Diego asked flashing a cheeky smile causing you to smile as well. Agreeing, you both coached and cleaned until both of your shifts were over and Diego started to close up the shop while you went into the backroom to change out of your work attire and grab your things.

"Ready to go?" You asked as you made your way to where he stood beside the rink. Seeing as he wasn't responding you walked up so that you were now beside him only to see him carrying a small teddy bear with a note that read "Be mine?" and a small bouquet of flowers in his other hand. He turned around with that same cheeky smile that made your heart practically melt, raising his arms slightly as if asking you with actions.

"Yes, I'd love to," you said with a smile on your face as you took the flowers and wrapped your arms around him to hug him. Pulling away only to catch your lips with his as you both smiled into the kiss.

"Aren't you two suppose to be closing up the place and not smooching in the middle of it?" your boss interrupted, an elderly man who's very forgetful and gets annoyed quickly. "Teenagers," he grumbled as he started walking to the back of shop, causing both you and Diego to burst out laughing.

"How about we go to Griddy's now?"