𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒, sweet love of mine

SWEET LOVE OF MINE
A Klaus Hargreeves x Reader Blurb

PROMPT: "When you found me, I was all alone / The whole world around me, but nowhere to call home / I heard your voice sing like heaven's choir / Gathered up my fears and threw them in the fire" (Sweet Love of Mine by Joy Williams)

CONTAIN(S): gender-neutral!reader and mentions of alcohol (418 words)

Klaus Hargreeves' life was never the best. With the voices in his head of the dead following him everywhere and the fear that trails close behind, he had found his escape through drugs and substances.

It was hard, he would admit. The rush was great and eased his fears for the time being but the constant need of a distraction was exhausting. Perhaps this was why meeting you was so refreshing.

When he first met you, his first thought was that you needed a day off.

Running down the sidewalk with a drink in hand, you weren't looking where you were going, resulting in you running straight into Klaus, as did your drink which spilled onto his outfit.

"That was my favourite shirt." He sighed as he looked up from his stained shirt to see your shocked and almost scared expression.

"I am so sorry sir, I'm late to work and I didn't look where I was going and-" Rambling on, you didn't notice the man's expression softening to an amused look.

"Hey hey it's alright," He cut you off, prompting you to take a deep breath before he continued. "Do you think you can skip one day of work?"

Klaus could hear his brother, Ben, questioning why he was asking a stranger if they could ditch work but sadly for him, there was no way of getting rid of that voice.

"Depends, would it be worth my time?" Was your reply. A teasing smile on your lips as all worries of your job drifted off with the wind as you waited for his response.

"Well why don't you come and find out."

That day was one of the best both of you have had in a long time. Sure you may have gone home to a very angry email from your boss threatening to fire you if something like that happened again but it was worth it. You finally met someone who understood and genuinely seemed to care for you while Klaus met someone who turned his whole world upside down.

It was almost like a wake up call when he arrived home that night. Smile on his face like a little girl as he skipped down the halls.

"I think they're going to be good for you."

Ben's words fell onto deaf ears as Klaus headed to the kitchen to make "celebratory drinks" as he called it. Ben chuckled, shaking his head as he followed his brother to the kitchen where off-key singing filled the room.