Chapter 2

From where they were standing it looked as if the village was a star. The streets were all lit with beautiful fairy lights and lanterns at every house. Carriages were running down the cobblestone streets, hopping up and down from the cracks. There were little  kids playing on roads with their cute little dolls and playing tag. The older kids were making sure to look out for younger ones. Stray animals would walk by every couple minutes or so heading over to the food places looking for their next snack.

"That isn't something you see everyday." Saylum exclaimed cheerfully his green eyes sparkling like starts. "I sure wish I could see it everyday." Selecta sighed before she started walking toward the village. "I really didn't think you were going to follow me this far." She said "Why not? I thought I told that was going to stay with you for the fun of it, did I not?" He asked "You did but I thought you were fibbing." She replied "I don't lie princess I just bend the truth here and there." He sighed. "Oh is that so? Well I'll make sure to remember that for... purposes." She said before she started walking towards a ragged-looking inn.

"Princess are you sure you want to sleep at that shabby inn instead of a luxury one. Y'know I've heard from someone that royals tend to make a fuss if their bed chambers have a speck of dust in them." He said teasingly. "Then whoever said that must've never met a royal before. Out of all the royals I've met none of them were like that. Some even had very dirty bed chambers with roaches crawling around." She replied jokingly before she held the door open and asked "So sir Saylum would you like to stay at this beat down inn or would you like to find one more to your exquisite taste?" "I said I would stay with you, so it's not like I have much of a choice here." he replies before walking in to the inn.

He walks straight to the front desk and Selecta just sat down on a couch nearby. "Hello madam, would you please tell me how many rooms you have available." Saylum politely asked the front desk lady. The lady then turned around and looked at how many keys were there. After a few minutes she turned back around and gave him a key for room 202. "Oh, I need one for my friend over there as well." He said as the lady then got another key for room 203. Selecta walked up to the front desk grabbed her key and walked away to go find her room. "Does this mean I have to pay." He asked her making Selecta turn around a say "I mean I am a lady after all, it's only right to let the men pay." Saylum laughed at her reply as she began walking off again. When Select got to her room she unlocked the door and went inside.

The bed was dimly lit and the bed was quite ragged and hard. It had two couches with a table in-between and a bookshelf but no books resided in it. This places and thousands of times worse than the castle but she had to stay there, I mean what other option did she have. If she had stayed at a luxurious place then they would know she had to be some type of noble and might know it was her since everything would match up. She already had the dress and the cloak, so if they knew she had tons of money too they would know right away and by they I mean the royal knights. Her father would not announce to the people that she has gone missing so he would have to send the knights out on secret. If he were to tell the people they would probably panic or even worse try and kidnap her.

As soon as selecta changed out of her dress into a nightgown a knock came at the door. "Who is it?" She asked gently "It's me." Saylum answered before Selecta unlocked her door and sat on one of the couches. Saylum sat on the couch opposite of hers before asking her "Did you notice them already?" "Of course I did, what type of princess would that make me if I didn't" She replied "I didn't know you that smart for a commoner." "Oh that you for the compliment" He said. "I Guess your father sent out the royal knights the second he found out you were missing." He added "I mean I am his one and only child." She responded happily. "Well just make sure you don't get whisked away to the castle before the fun really begins." Saylum said "Sure, I promise not to whisked away to the castle." Selecta replies before Saylum wished her a good night before returning to his room.