Chapter 5

"Excuse you! I am the most beautiful maiden ever for your information, also you would be a perfect chihuahua I mean you always want to argue like one." Selecta stated before she headed over to a stall that was selling apples. "That doesn't sound like me at all!" Saylum murmured before Esmerelda started to walk next to him. "I really do hate your kind." She whispered angrily to him as they walked behind Selecta who was running from stall to stall making sure to grab one of everything that they had. "Oh? What do you mean by "my kind"?" Saylum asked her curiously before he took some of the items from Selecta and put them in a basket that he also got from Selecta so she wouldn't be weighed down. "The blood thirsty kind who would do anything to get their pray." Esmerelda said before she looked at Selecta and then back to Saylum's hurt gaze "Oh my! How could you accuse me of such accusations especially when "your kind" is the same as mine." Saylum chuckled mischievously as Esmerelda just looked at him taken aback " I never would have thought that someone from a group as high class as yours would admit to doing such vile things." She said with a smirk on her face " I already know what you're thinking, why would he tell me such useful information he's acting as if I won't go tell my supervisor as soon as I get the chance." Saylum said in a mocking tone as Esmerelda just sat there shocked by his words " But guess what I'm really not that stupid y'know. One I won't let you get a chance to go tell your supervisor and if you do get the chance which I highly doubt it I'll just tell my group about what the secret society of the black birds is up to." Saylum said with an evil grin on his face which made Esmerelda's eyes widen with fear "H-how did you know! How did you know about my society and even about my statues how?!" Esmerelda stammered quietly making sure no one else could hear them. "That symbol on your neck that you tried so hard to keep hidden tells me everything I need to know, oh! If you try to tell my lady about this conversation then I'll personally carve your heart out." Saylum whispered in her ear with a cold serious tone totally different from his playful demeanor just a couple of seconds ago . His words sent shivers down Esmerelda spine causing her to stop her tracks "What's wrong Esmerelda? Did finally realize that you look like a beggar?" Saylum said teasingly making Selecta look back surprised "Saylum don't say such things! Esmerelda are you okay?" Selecta asked "No Say-!" Saylum cut her off by clamping his hand on her mouth "She's fine just keep on walking." Saylum stated happily "But-" Selecta was cut off by Saylum's cold words " keep on walking." Saylum said with a chilling tone "O-okay." Selecta said her voice shaking with fear before she turned around and kept on going. "Try to pull that move again and I'll have your heart in my hands." He whispered in Esmerelda's ear as he took her hand off of her mouth and followed after Selecta. Esmerelda sat there for a second before Saylum turned around and called her over. The both walked in silence Saylum watching Selecta act like a two year old child and Esmerelda deep in thought. "Hey idiot." Saylum said as he plucked Esmerelda on the forehead which made her snap out of her thoughts "Y-yes?" She replied sacredly as Saylum just raise one of his eyebrows on confusion. "Didn't you start this conversation and now just because I just because I shot a few scary threats your way you've gone completely silent?" Saylum said annoyed at Esmerelda's behavior. Esmerelda was confused by his words "Who wouldn't be scared if somebody started throwing threats your way when they know everything about you and could act out those threats whenever they wanted." Esmerelda thought while looking at him with a confused expression on her face. "W-well what's your s-status i-in your group." Esmerelda asked trying to start back up the conversation like Saylum asked. "What group are you talking about? I don't have a group and status what's that? Have you gone mad or something?" Saylum asked confusion all throughout his face. "What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? We just were talking about this like five seconds ago." Esmeralda said while she knitted her eyebrows in confusion "I don't recall having a conversation with you. Oh I remember know! We were talking about kittens and flowers and stuff! Well my favorite flower is a daisy!" Saylum said cheerfully before he chuckled sinisterly and skipped over to where Selecta was. Esmerelda just kept on walking trying to figure out what had just happened. Selecta on the other hand had decided not to question Saylum's unusually cold behavior. the more they walked around the darker it had gotten, but Selecta was still bouncing from stall to stall not bothering to look at the time. "love, we should probably find an inn or something to stay since it's starting to get dark out." Saylum suggested while looking around to see if there was an inn or something around. "Don't call me that!"Selecta said with a light blush across her face. "Don't call you what?" Saylum asked with a sly grin on his face "Love." Selecta said cluelessly "Oh my! Don't say that when we're around people! I know you love to the bone but you didn't have to embarrass me like that!" Saylum said happily as Selecta just sat there dumbfounded not realizing that she just walked herself right into one of Saylum's traps. "I hope you know that I hate you with all my heart you blob-fish." Selecta said as she rolled her eyes in annoyance and walked into a nice-looking inn her hair flowing in behind her.