Chapter 7

Waning: ptsd flashbacks and violence 

You woke to Hans holding you closely, his head nuzzled into your neck. It had been three days since you had left America and today was the day you would start your new life on the island which Hans had promised. You sighed, grinning that everything was behind you now, the pain, the anxiety and worry.

You felt Hans move and you looked down to see him gazing up at you. He reached out and rubbed your stomach tenderly.

"Good morning" he mused.

"Morning Hans" you replied, turning around so you could kiss him gently, his beard tickled your face and you smiled slightly.

"Our plane is in two hours" Hans said, reminding you.

You nodded as Hans began to get up, you however pulled him back into bed.

"I think it is time for us to get up" Hans said.

"We packed yesterday" you complained.

"However darling we need breakfast" he added, kissing your lips and getting up from the bed.

You sighed, getting up from the bed and carefully walking toward where your clothes laid, careful not to fall and hurt your leg.

Hans was already in the bathroom as you finished getting dressed and joined him in the small hotel bathroom. Hans shot you a glance and smiled slightly, that you were with him and safe. The whole week passed had been an ordeal, to say the least and he was glad that it was over.

Hans brushed the small of your back with his hand as he left the bathroom, leaving you.

You looked around, worried. Your mind snapped back to when you were kidnapped. You started to hyperventilate, clutching the basin, your heart rate increased and you started to sweat. Tears started to fall and you moaned in worry, collapsing onto the floor and starting to cry, tears falling on the floor.

"(y/n)?" Hans asked, hearing a noise and coming back into the bathroom, seeing you on the floor. He stooped down, sitting, his back on the bathtub and pulling you into his arms. "(y/n), you're safe" he whispered.

You shook your head, Hans clutched you, kissing your head and stroking it gently. You kept crying into his chest as he cooed and kissed you, making sure you were safe in his arms.

Hans shifted his body weight and you clutched onto him closer. "Don't leave me, please" you murmured.

"Never" he said, stroking your back. "Never ever"

Slowly you calmed, feeling safe in his arms. You wiped your eyes and looked up at Hans who gently with his thumb wiped the rest of the tears from your eyes.

"You are safe now" he murmured. "You will always, forever be safe"

"Safe with you" you mumbled, resting your head against Hans.

"Yes" he said, kissing your head gently. "Now I think you need some food"

You nodded, shakily getting up and holding onto the sink. Hans kissed you gently, taking your hand and leading you out of the bathroom and toward the door.

You had breakfast together and Hans stayed close to you, always keeping his foot on yours so you knew he was there, protecting you. You felt safer, knowing Hans was ready to kill for you, however, you were still on edge, scared someone would come for you.

Breakfast soon was over and you took your bags, walking the short way to the airport. Hans kept his hands laced in yours, making sure none would hurt you by keeping you close to him. He knew you both would be safe when you got to the island, all planes were tracked and it was only you and him.