two

The wind could be heard howling and swatting against the walls of the castle and the Black Lake water swished in a rhythm on the glass windows of the dungeons—slightly calming to Regulus ear's that had yet to fall asleep.

    The brunette was sat up in his bed with his eyes closed in lingering frustration, having given up on sleep a while ago due to his brain that seemed to buzz infinitely—a similar situation to the last few nights. He had been mentally planning for the few nights he had been back at Hogwarts, many ideas already crossed off in his mind.

Regulus knew escaping his past decisions is easier said than done, and was very unlikely to happen soon, less so overnight, but he couldn't stop himself from plotting.

Whether he liked it or not, he also knew he couldn't submit to this mission alone, giving him the conclusion of seeking help from someone, but not yet coming up with a name.

Sirius was the first to come to Regulus's mind, but even if his brother did agree, it was a lot to ask of—plus Sirius was also known for his big mouth and consequently might spill the idea that's supposed to be a secret. If anyone, specifically a Slytherin, found out, Regulus would be doomed.

He had also considered Narcissa, but that came with lots of pros and cons.

Regulus trusted her fully, knowing she would willingly help him, but the chance of her tattling, forced or not, to her parents (his uncle and aunt) was too big. Plus, Narcissa did have her own thoughts, yes, but was additionally easy to persuade and could turn on him before he could reach out to stop her.

The last option, and most obvious choice was Albus Dumbledore. Though unlike his peers, Regulus didn't fully trust the man, and wasn't sure if he wanted his life in his hands. Dumbledore would no doubt help, but there would be some sort of cost. There had to be with Dumbledore, and the unknown frustrated Regulus farther.

He grumpily fluttered open his eyes, letting them adjust to the dimly lit dorm room while deciding he will deal with stuff later. A little dizzily, he turned his neck just enough to view the other beds in the room that were occupied by only two of the three dorm mates he shared the room with. He had no idea where the third could be, but he also didn't care.

He turned his body again, just enough to view the small magical clock in his nightstand that read the time—ten past eight.

Knowing that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep and breakfast was close enough, Regulus shuffled his legs over the right side of his bed and landed them on the wooden dormitory floor.

His eyes blanked for a moment to adjust to the sudden movement and he walked forward with slightly wobbling feet.

   Lucky for him, classes don't start until Monday so when he reached his trunk at the end of his bed, he simply pulled out a pair of comfy enough, black leather pants along with a matching black graphic t-shirt assigned to slytherin—a contrast from the school uniforms he would be expected to wear in the weeks coming.

Regulus stepped into the black slip on shoes that were laying to the right of his baggage before slowly shuffling over into the shared bathroom and closing the door behind him, clothes in hand.

   He was able to change quickly in the loose clothes, stepping out of his shoes to do so and back in them when finished.

Afterwards, he used his hands to ruffle his dark, brunette hair. It had grown over the summer, leaving it to stop at his ears with a slight wave, but he couldn't mind himself to cut it. It made him look like Sirius in a way but he vanished that thought with a blink of his eyes.