Chapter 3

_Logan_

While everyone heads outside to enjoy the nice weather, he gets to work on the potato and pasta salad, accepting his friends help as he starts putting things together.

Before he knows it, two salads are down, with his mother's salad being the only one left. He quickly cuts up the fresh peppers, along with colby jack and cheddar cheese. He adds some pepper jack, along with small slices of apple, peeled cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh salad. He mixes everything together with his hands, being careful not to dump out the salad.

"That looks good, and different." Rorke says, tossing a curious glance Logan's way, and earning his full attention.

"Uh, yeah.. my mom used to make it this way." He sets a lid over the bowl. "I could add dressing, but if I don't then everybody can choose what they want, and I think it's better that way." He sets the bowl with the others on their dining table. "What are you doing?" He asks, coming back over to stand beside him.

Rorke offers him a small smirk. "Trying to make a party." He hands Logan a bunch of spices and the sauce, before dumping the hamburg into a large bowl. "Now, I can't touch anything right now, I need you to pour the ingredients in. Don't worry, I'll tell you how much. Just add them in the order I handed them to you."

Logan does as he's told, carefully adding different amounts of pepper, heinz 57, onion powder, as well as many other spices. He watches with rapt attention as Rorke kneads them into the burger, his veins pulling and writhing underneath his beefy arms.

"Alright, that should be good. Put those away for me, would you?" Rorke looks over, offering Logan a warm smile.

"Yes, sir." He grabs the bottles, putting them away while Rorke makes the patties.

"Alright, you two, how about you open some chip bags and help Logan set up the table. Get some soda and beer out as well." He starts stacking the patties carefully. "The beer is for the adults, don't touch it." He adds, earning a collective sigh from the group.

Logan moves to clean the table, taking the dead flowers off of it and setting them in the sink behind Rorke. Returning with paper plates and plastic utensils, he sets them along the table that sits between the livingroom and main door, a few feet away from the bar. He adds beer to every seat but three, grabbing a few cans of soda to place instead. "Is your other buddy coming? What's his name, Kick?" Logan asks, titling his head as he sets down the cokes.

Rorke finishes the patties, and washes his hands. "You never know with him. I wouldn't count on it." He pats Logan's shoulder as he heads out to the grill.

When he's gone, Bas and Cala step beside him, knowing looks on their faces. "Our little slut has a crush." Cala teases, poking him in the ribs.

"I'm not a slut!" He hisses, looking to the door to make sure no one heard or came in.

"Oh, Logan, please!" Calamity laughs. "A blind person could see the way you were ogling Mr. Man Titties while he was making the patties. Blind Logan, blind." She says, covering her eyes while making a horrified face.

"Oh whatever, I was not! I was simply-" he waves his hand around, searching for the right words. "appreciating, the uh...male form!" He says, shrugging his shoulders as he nervously fiddles with the plates.

"Uh huh, sure gay boy." She says, slapping Bas's shoulder. "Back me up here bro!"

Bas shrugs. "I mean, not to offend you, Cala, but I was looking too. I can't really tease Logan, I also ogled Mr. Man Titties."

Cala snorts, holding her stomach as she throws her head back to laugh. "God! Men! Men are gonna be the death of civilization!" She laughs harder, nudging their arms with her elbows. "I'm teasing, I'm teasing. You guys are good for some things." She chuckles, wrapping her arms around their shoulders. "I'm so glad I'm gay." She says, steering the boys towards the door. "Let's socialize, shall we?"