v

karma sat outside school with riz the next day, both of them against the wall, the shorter girl leaning her head against his shoulder tiredly.

'karm?'

'yeah?'

he nodded his head towards a group of girls, karma standing up straight and craning her neck to get a closer look.

she saw nas, walking in with her group of friends, a hijab wrapped around her head.

'you've got to be shitting me'

she rolled her eyes, fed up, leaning her head back on riz's shoulder, her shoulders slumping.

as karma grabbed books out of her locker, talking to a student in a younger year that had approached the kind looking girl asking for directions towards a teacher, she had no idea of the conversation that was happening a few feet away from her between two of her closest friends.

'right, so if i sleep with your mate-'

'she's not my mate.'

'she's got a headscarf on. if she's found religion-'

'that scarf don't mean nowt to her. she's no different to me, even if she thinks she is.'

'it's gonna be impossible. even for me. gotta be worth a little something, if i did manage it.'

missy thought, her brain scanning over people she could bribe corey with for if he slept with nas.

she smirked as she thought of the perfect candidate.

'i'll get karma to sleep with ya if ya get nas first.'

'really? but- karmas my friend, i-'

'yeah, but she's the one girl in ackley everyone knows, and everyone knows they can't have. karma is.. untouchable. imagine what reputation you'd get if you were the first person to sleep with her.'

cory smirked.

'yeah, alright then.'

'what you doing?'

'if i get to sleep with nas paracha, i get to sleep with karma ashford.'

and it all went downhill from there.