𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"We are the strongest creatures in the world and yet we are damaged beyond repair. We live without hope, but we will never die. We are the definition of cursed, always and forever."

We may be cursed,
but Hope is not gone, just lost.

And anything lost can be found.

𝐻.𝑀.

────────── ⚜︎ ──────────

      "And how is my darling nephew? Still enjoying yourself overseas?" Henrik heard his Aunt Rebekah's sweet familiar voice fill his ears

      "And how is my darling nephew? Still enjoying yourself overseas?" Henrik heard his Aunt Rebekah's sweet familiar voice fill his ears. He hadn't called any of them in months. A pang of guilt went through his system but he shrugged it off. The warm sun in Madrid was too beautiful for him to fall into old habits. And besides, Uncle Elijah was around, he gave him space whilst also keeping an eye on him. An agreement to Henrik's indefinite time off, after all, a fifteen-year-old couldn't go off into the world alone (well he could, but that would bring a world of problems). Two years later Elijah hadn't gone anywhere, still sticking to Henrik's side no matter what. They'd be on a plane to Greece in two days and figured it was good to let the family know where they were going. But that wasn't the only purpose of his call.

      "Hey, Auntie Bex." He smiled momentarily before getting to the reason he called, "It's been fun, a little wild, a little boring, but who doesn't love that? I sent a package your way, a little early birthday gift. Do not open until your big day or you'll have me to deal with." He said as he made his way to the kitchen to gather the ingredients for breakfast.

      He heard her laugh through the call, "I don't know, dear nephew, you know how I am with gifts. But never mind that, I want to know what you've been up to, it feels like it's been ages since last we talked. I hardly know anything about your life right now. And Elijah is ever so stingy on the details." He could picture her frowning but amused face.

      "What, did Hope forget to check in with you guys after her weekly calls?" He started mixing raw eggs with slices of ham before pouring them into the hot frying pan. Another of his and Elijah's terms was to make sure the family wouldn't worry about their nephew, he made him swear not to tell them if he had another... incident. That if he wanted to tell them, that would be his choice. Unfortunately, Hope made no such promises and he always sang like a canary to her about anything. It was a useless, empty, and otherwise meaningless agreement when everyone knew everything. But it still warmed his heart knowing Elijah kept his word.

      "Excuse me?"

      "Come now, Aunt Rebekah, we both know that Hope calls you after our talks to fill you in. Actually, come to think of it, have you heard from her lately? She usually calls me maybe three times a week but she hasn't even messaged me—"

      "I'm sorry, Henrik, but what are talking about?"

      Henrik should've been more concerned when she first said it, but at the moment he was in the process of burning his breakfast and just assumed that Rebekah herself was probably doing something busy and she simply missed hearing him say a few keywords. It was fine, nothing to be too worried about. "Uh, Hope, I was wondering if you've talked to her lately."

      "Who?"

      And from that single word, Henrik would be on a plane home in a few hours, arriving in New Orleans and his entire body filled with panic. He had called Aunt Freya after that, then Marcel, then Kol, and finally he went to find Elijah. But none of them had ever heard of Hope Mikaelson.

────────── ☽ ──────────

Yes, Elijah is alive.

that's it, that was the big change.

warning:

language, underage drinking, regular drinking, slight drug use, smoking, alaric bashing, violence, gore, blood, death, sexual activity (but only between legal adults), big rewrite for the rest of legacies

no mundanes allowed
- polaroized