𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

"Always and Forever."

──────────  ⚜︎  ──────────

      CURSED. THAT'S WHAT HIS AUNT REBEKAH once called their family. "We are the strongest creatures in the world and yet we are damaged beyond repair. We live without hope, but we will never die. We are the definition of cursed, always and forever."

      Of course, she changed her mind once the two miracles that were Hope and Henrik came into the Original Family. They changed everything for them. They inspired one of the oldest families in the world to change, to be better, and to earn the right to raise them. Sure, they faced hardships early on, from the day they were born in fact. Death threats from a grandmother beyond the grave. Blood debts owed from a long lost great aunt. An ancient corrupt spirit feeding from their young new power. And eventually the loss of both their parents.

      The twins took a break from school after that, staying home for months while they recovered from their grief. They returned to the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted later on in September to begin anew. They made some agreements as well, promising to go by Mikaelson from that day forward. To no longer hide who and what they were in the boarding school. Hope eased into school faster than he, she let herself be consumed with assignments and training. But everywhere Henrik turned, he saw the looks people gave them, he saw the way teachers were wary, but none of that compared to his newfound paranoia when it came to certain school regulations. Hope once told him that if you go looking for enemies that's all you'll ever find, but what if enemies were all there was?

Eventually, Henrik chose to leave the school not a month later. And though Hope wasn't happy about it, she helped him. He'd been exploring the world little by little, with his family's blessing as well (Hope helped with that too). Of course, he couldn't go alone and the family refused for a fifteen-year-old to run off without supervision. Uncle Elijah took it upon himself to watch over Niklaus and Hayley's son. In the meantime, Freya was still in the country, and if their niece needed anything she would be there instantly.

Henrik liked being in new places, immersing himself in different people and countries. He didn't have to face judgment over his family name, he didn't have to face grief every time he walked out of his bedroom, in truth he was actually quite content. He could be happier, he missed his sister often and wished she could join them once she finished her studies. Though Henrik had a hunch that she'd stick around that damn school even when she's done. She liked conflict and helping lost supernaturals, it let her avoid certain things like grief and talking about it.

But the day has come for Henrik to go back home. His sister was missing. More than missing, she was completely erased from their families' minds. He needed to get to the bottom of this immediately and he wasted no time in hopping on a plane and heading to Louisiana.

Elijah certainly tried his best to talk it over with him, but Henrik just kept saying to wait until the whole family was together. That way he'd know what they don't and he wouldn't have to repeat himself twice.

      He tried not to think about how it felt to be back in the family compound as he quickly made his way home and was met with his aunt in the main room.

"Aunt Freya," He noticed her, letting his bag drop to the floor, and went to hug her quickly. She was warm and soft and smelled of sage.

"Hello, Henrik." He could feel her smile through the hug, and he couldn't help but smile at being in the presence of someone who could possibly make sense of this chaos. Aunt Freya always had her head screwed on right, she was calm under pressure and she would help him. Why wouldn't she?

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 ♛ 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑠जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें