StereoTypes

The spoken word can be the most insignificant or the most powerful thing in the world. It can start a new story, or it can start a war. It divides us into a complex and never-ending, always shifting filing cabinet. It has all the answers to every question, but none at all for that one man depending on tomorrow’s prayer. In a heated exchange, labels are given. Some have to live up to give up to understand that all things that go up must come down. So put it this way – word is the weapon, name is the label and thought is the wound, ever opening, closing. If this life we are living has no end or beginning, what are we left with? What do we stand for?

I’ll tell you what we stand for.We stand for the right not to be named, classified and shamed. The freedom of speech without the constant unwithering glare of the army that has to disagree. Because of your skin colour, your age, your size, your skill, the way you speak, the way you walk and talk and think…it shouldn’t be the basis on which you are judged. Because we shouldn’t be the hypocritical, stereotypical beings we are. Because we should care, but we don’t. Because we all deserve better than the endless stereotypes.

And this court case is adjourned.