Chapter 16. Kiara's Seduction

A month had passed, and Lynette hadn't heard or seen her ex-boyfriend. He'd only called that one time, afterwards there was nothing. She began to relax and so did the others. She highly doubted he would bother her after so much time had passed by. Everyone continued with their lives as their guards were let down.

Cathy got off the elevator and walked down the hall to her room. It had been another hard day of back to back classes. Her junior year was harsh since she was taking full time classes, but she was determined to get through it and maybe relax a little her senior year.

Suddenly, the delicious scent of chocolate hit her nose, distracting her from her thoughts. She followed the trail to her apartment. The living room door was open. The ceiling fan was turn on to the max with Kiara standing under it waving her hands over a large plate of brownies.

Cathy stared at her. She knew better than to ask Kiara what she was up to. She should have just gone straight to her room without getting involved in one of Kiara's crazy antics. Her bed was waiting for her to take that nice nap and yet, she still felt compelled to ask. She let out a tired breath..."Kiara, what are you doing?"

Kiara grinned. "My mom always told me the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. I'm hoping Chris will smell the aroma off my brownies and come running."

"Uh huh," Cathy mumbled and took a step to her room with the intent on ignoring her. Her body was screaming for rest and still...she stopped. "Kiara, is this how you've been controlling Chris lately, with food?"

Kiara smiled.

"Why don't you just call him if you want him to come over?"

"I can't he's studying."

Cathy gave her a dry look.

"What? I miss him! Besides, I don't want him to think I'm all clingy and stuff."

"But you are clingy, you're just being manipulative about it," Cathy pointed out.

"I can't help it. I don't know what's wrong with me. All I want to do is kiss and hug him and be near him and stare into his eyes. I mean he's all I ever think about lately. Don't you feel the same way about Brent?"

Cathy smiled. "Yes, I do."

Kiara sighed, "I thought I had it bad for Stephan, but it was just a crush compared to Chris. When love hits you, it really does hit you and there's nothing you can do about it."

"I completely agree with you," Cathy told her.

"What's up?" Tyrese popped in the doorway. "I thought I smelled brownies! Yo, Kiara, can I have some, a brother be starving up in here."

Kiara sighed. "Go ahead, I have a large batch in the kitchen."

"Yo peeps, free brownies!" Tyrese suddenly yelled down the hall.

"Wait a minute!" Kiara said as the room suddenly started filling with people.

"What the heck! Hey...where did they all coming from so fast?! Don't...wait...these are Chris brownies. CHRIS!!!"

Cathy shook her head. She knew she should have gone straight to her room and locked the door. She tried to get them out, but no one was listening to her or Kiara. After a while, they gave up. Kiara's planned had worked a little too well. The sweet scent of chocolate had drawn in everyone, except Chris.

"Do they think we're having some kind of party?" Cathy asked as she looked around their crowded living room. People were sitting on the couch, chairs, and the floor. Someone had turned on the music and a few of them were dancing. Others went into their refrigerator and began to take out their drinks and food.