Chapter Eight

Elle
"Where exactly are we going?" I asked Billie as she walked me out to her car.

"A place I go when I need to be alone. So we can talk. Hopefully."

When we got to her my jaw practically dropped to the floor.

"This is your car?"

She smiled with pride as she looked at it.
"Uh huh. This is dragon, she's my baby."

I stood there in slight shock. This car must've cost a freaking fortune. Billie laughed as she opened the door for me. Getting in the car I felt very out of place, I practically sat frozen in my seat not wanting to mess anything up.

"Dude relax. You look like you're about to shit your pants." She laughed.

"I just don't wanna ruin anything. This car must've cost you a hell of a lot of money."

"It was actually a birthday present. And I doubt you'll ruin anything by just sitting down."

We sat in silence for a while as she drove. Neither of us really knowing what to say.

"Can I ask you something?" I spoke after some moments.

"Sure anything."

"Why are you trying so hard to..be my friend?"

"Like I said before you intrigued me. I don't exactly what it is about you that drew me in so much. Well I mean for one you're very very beautiful, that was probably the main thing cause I just wanna stare at you 24/7."

I blushed and tried to hide a smile as she chuckled.

"And believe it or not we're a lot alike."

"Yeah okay." I scoffed. Not believing her. Making her laugh a little.

"I'm serious. We have more in common than you think."

"Yeah right. Like what?"

She stops the car near this quiet little place upon a hill in the mountains. It was almost like a little park.

She sighed as showed me her arms, both of them being covered in faded scars.

Scars exactly like mine.

"I've been through what you're going through Elle. Believe me when I say I understand. And if you let me, I wanna be there to help. In any way whether that be a friend...or something more."

My head shot up, meeting her eyes. Those captivating beautiful blue eyes that I always find myself getting lost in.

Before I could though I tore my eyes way. Looking around the little oasis on the mountains.

"Where are we?" I asked. She smiled as she got out of the car going to my side to open the door.

"I told you, it's where I go when I need to be alone. Come on." She held her hand out as I took it.

Her hands were so soft, like angels. I found myself never wanted to let go of them.

She brought me over to this little spot by a water fall. Sitting down on the grass she told me to close my eyes and just listen.

Doing so I could hear various different birds chirping, the water fall that was only a few feet away running, as well as the light breeze that drifted through the air.

For the first time in years I actually felt a little bit at piece. Like my life wasn't completely falling apart.

"This is nice." I said quietly. Soaking up the moment for fear it would slip out of my grasp the moment I opened my eyes.