prologue

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Hey, you know that really gloomy boy in our class?", a girl whispered.

"Oh, yeah! (surname) (name), was it?"

"Mhm, him. I heard he's a huge otaku."

"Seriously?! That's so embarrassing!"

The two giggled, continuing to make stupid comments. Everyone likes rumors until its about them.

"Hey! Stop making rumors about people you don't know anything about!" a boy shouted. He had a really loud voice, confident and pure. Memorable, too.

Squeaking in surprise of being caught talking shit, the girls ran away.

The person with the loud voice sighed, "What's with all these people making fun of people they've never even talked to?", he walked over to you, "Hey."

You looked up nervously, "..Yes?"

"My name is Nishinoya. Nishinoya Yuu. And I need 'yuu' to not listen to those people."

You tried holding in a smile, "Al, Alright.. that pun though.." you laughed.

"Don't laugh at me!"

"I'm not laughing at you! I swear!", you say as if there isn't tears in your eyes from laughing.

You two bickered, causing a scene. But for once, you felt excited for a conversation at school. His energy made you feel comfortable.

The bickering ended shortly after. Nishinoya paused, then muttered, "You're pretty normal."

"Huh?"

"You're normal. Like any other student. You don't act like an otaku, and you seem normal."

You raised your eyebrows. Based off Nishinoya's reaction, you probably looked surprised. Smiling, you responded, "Yup."

; Nishinoya Yuu

I don't think (surname) realizes how pretty he actually is. From the moment he looked up at me, I realized his hair is just to cover the fact that he is extremely pretty. Like, prettier than most girls. (Kiyoko still wins)! The more I talked to him, the more I realized that he spoke normally.

His personality was nothing like an otaku, and he wasn't as gloomy as the rumors make him seem.

I'm sure he's just an average dude who wants to make friends.

-and since I'm so nice, I have decided to become his friend! Very smart of me. Pats on the back, me. I wish people knew that he was more than an antisocial, "anime-obsessed" kid.

Not gonna lie, I'm jealous.

His face is pretty. He could he super popular with the girls but chooses not to be! Like, what?! If I were that hot, I'd be flaunting it every three seconds!!

No homo.

Hmm. To be extremely nice, I shall invite him to the volleyball club. More people need to recognize (surname)'s good personality!

"(surname), wanna visit the volleyball team with me?"

"Volleyball team?"

"Yeah. The volleyball club."

"But I've never played volleyball before?"

"You'll be fine, I'll teach ya. I'm good at receives. In middle school I won best libero award! HAHA, beat that, Ryu!"

I think he chose to ignore the last part, "are you sure I wouldn't bother your teammates?"

"Yup!"

"Do I need to bring anything?"

"Hairtie for your super long hair. Oh, and your gym clothes. That's it though."

"..Do I have to go?"

"Yes."

He thought about it for a little, "...Fine."

"Alright!", I cheer.

© KELLORI