two

Why hello there.

You have accidentally joined a club which you have never even heard of before.

"(surname).. you're not very good at receives, are you?", Tanaka Ryuunosuke says. He's your class neighbor, you being in class 2-5, him being in class 2-4. You heard about him being a punk, but he's not so weird.

"I, I've never done this before!", you panic.

"Pfft, chill out! I, your senior, will help you out!", he pauses, "We're in the same year, but doesn't that sound cool!? It should be my catchphrase, bro."

"Y, yeah. Sure," you played your best poker face.

"You're lying! I can see right through it! Your eyes are shaky!! You're not looking at me straight!", he shouts.

"Huh? No, that's not true!"

That conversation lasted for maybe 5 minutes before Kageyama stepped in.

"Tanaka-san, you shouldn't pressure a newbie. Anyway, upperclassman (surname).."

"How come I get '-san' and he gets 'upperclassman'?!"

Kageyama ignored him, "What position do you play?"

"Which one is easiest?"

"To be biased, setter is the best position. But in truth, probably right side hitter is easiest."

"Then, I'll try that out!"

A big fail. For one, you couldn't even reach the ball no matter how low Sugawara-san and Kageyama-kun could set. Two, it hurt when you actually hit the ball. Three, you fell on your butt. It hurts. Really, really bad.

"S, So, spiker's not it," Sugawara-san laughed it off.

"Mhm.." you cried comically. Maybe it was embarrassment. Maybe because you butt hurts a lot. Maybe both. Or neither. "I don't think I'm fit for this."

"The nerd upperclassman is bad at sports. Who knew that?", Tsukishima mocked. Yamaguchi laughed with him.

"No! You must stay!! Upperclassman, please~", Hinata whined with his puppy eyes.

Oh my god. That's just adorable. Who in their right mind would say no to that?

You. You would, "Hinata, I would like to stay, but.."

"Then stay!", he sobbed.

"Shoyo's right! (surname), you have to stay! Come on, your only friend is begging you!", Nishinoya begged along with Hinata.

"My only friend?! Just how cruel can you get!!?"

They both ignored your statement, "Please! We'll take you in! Spiking's not for you, so maybe libero can work! Yeah? What do you say?!" they said simultaneously.

....did they rehearse that?

They went closer to my face and each held your hands, "PLEASE!"

You sighed,

"fine."

"Boo-yah!"

"Peer-pressure is the best!"

"You just admitted to pressuring me?! My god.."

"Teehee!", Nishinoya winked playfully.

"We're gonna have you sign this club application.", Asahi-san gave you a paper. At. the bottom, it said, 'I agree to joining this club. yes / no'.

You guessed that you were supposed to circle your answer, so you did that. You also put my name, class, and age.

"All you have to do is turn this in to the messy haired teacher with glasses! He looks nerdy and like a student, but just go to the teachers lounge. He's the one with the green jersey!", Tanaka patted your back. More like hitted. Although, we won't have that conversation today.

"Okay. Is that it?"

"Yup! After, you'll get a jersey. Also, some contacts or sports glasses."

"Oh, these glasses are fake," you take them off.

There was silence, and everyone stared at you for a bit. Excluding Nishinoya.

"Dude...," Tanaka stood in disbelief.

"Hm?"

"You're hot," he paused. Then he started circling around you, then investigating your face. He also lifted up your bangs.

"You have piercings?!"

"Y, yes?"

"That's so cool! Should I get piercings? Do you think Kiyoko-san would notice me?"

"I think you should just be yourself."

Insert heart-struck noises.

"From now on, I am legally your boyfriend!"

"Eh?"

© KELLORI