four

Learning basic receives and sets was harder than you thought. It's been around six hours of after school practice, and you still don't have the concept of hitting the ball up with your forearms. What is wrong with your reflexes?!

"(surname)... you squat. Then you hold out your arms. Put your hands together like so, and then let the ball hit your forearms," Daichi demonstrated.

"Th, that's what I'm doing!", you exclaimed.

The first years took turns serving to you, while you flinched on every one of them. Bad habit, I guess? Wrong. You would be good at this by now, you're just scared. So, what're you going to do, team?

"Everyone come over here for a bit. Excluding (surname)."

"Okay!", a few said, others replying with, "Yes sir!" or "Understood."

You threw up a ball and tried setting it a couple times. To be fair, you're quite good at it. But maybe it's because you're not trying to aim anywhere with the ball. You fall when you have to set it backwards, but you're about average when you set forward. Very off-balanced, anyone would say.

"So, can we all agree that (surname) is shit at volleyball?"

"Mhm, I get he's never tried before, but at least hit the ball?!"

"Exactly! What should we do, captain?"

Murmurs and discussion happened, while you were still practicing your sets. What a cute little tryhard.

You threw the ball in the air and tossed it backwards, hoping that it would hit the bottles behind you.

"Yeah, so we should-"

A small thud was made, loud enough for everyone to hear. You quickly turned around and realized you had hit not one but two bottles with you toss. Nobody knows if that's actually good or not, but to you, it was a very good accomplishment.

"Oh my god! Did you see that?! I did a back toss! And it wasn't a dribble or whatever it's called! Yay!!", you cheered happily, running to get another ball to try again.

"What a perfect man my boyfriend is," both Hinata and Tanaka cried, putting their hands together.

"Kageyama!", you ran to your underclassman and held his hands, "Was that a good toss? It was, wasn't it? I hit two bottles! Two of them!"

Kageyama blushed a little and panic-responded, "Y, yes! It was really good! I'm cheering for you, upperclassman!"

You chuckled, "Thank you! I hope you can teach me how to set and receive sometime~ in exchange, I'll help you memorize test answers! Deal?"

"Y, yes!"

"Yay~, that's good! Okay, I'll go practice some more now. Thank you again, Kageyama-kun!"

"...Tobio."

"Hm?"

"P, please call me Tobio!"

Silence. Very loud silence.

And then, you blew a fuse, "B, but, I've never called any, anyone by their first name so I-"

You turned even more red, if that was even possible. Hiding your face behind your hands, you muttered, "I'll do my best... you can call me (name) if you want, too..."

"How come Kageyama gets first-name basis?! Dammit, you bastard!", Hinata tackled his taller friend.

And while all of that happened about first-name basis, you laughed, petting your underclassmen.

"How come your legal boyfriend doesn't get any pats?!", Tanaka wails.

You pet him along with Nishinoya, a small smile on your face, "Sorry, sorry."

"Why is this so wholesome? My heart is melting.. now I want affection." Sugawara wipes nonexistent tears.

"I feel like a mother," (surname) chuckles, "There, there. Sugawara-san, you're an upperclassman, you shouldn't be jealous of your underclassmen."

"(surnname) are you good at cooking?", Sugawara asks.

"Huh? Yes.. I'm good at baking."

"Please marry me."

"I can't, I have too many boyfriends now. Three of them?"

"It's okay. Just love me more than them."

"That's unfair, Suga!" ; "(surname), don't fall for his charms!"

"Did they just forget about practice entirely?", Daichi stares at them with a deadpanned face.

"I, I guess so.. I want some hugs or something too, though," Asahi sweatdrops with a gentle smile on his face.

"Honestly, I agree."

Seems that you've gotten more people to your harem. ♥

I was half asleep editing this. Excuse any mistakes, thank you... 🥲
© KELLORI