*Chapter Twenty Five*

Edited  3/16/2021

"Miss Asha," Pogo calls. I stir and slowly open my eyes. My head lulls over to look at him in the door frame. "You have a phone call from Miss Allison. Do you want to take it or do you want me to tell her you are sleeping?" I slowly sit up. The words circling my brain until I can process what he is saying. I nod in response reaching my hands up to rub my face a bit. "Miss Asha, I am still uncertain about what you want me to do."

My hands fall to my sides and I look at Pogo, my face softening. "I'm sorry Pogo, I will be right there. The phone downstairs?"

He nods before he begins to turn around. "I assume Diego or Klaus told you about what you will need for a while?" My shoulders hunch over as I remember what I had gone through recently. I nod slowly. "The crutches are against the wall."

"Do we have an elevator in this place?" I question, dreading the stairs already.

Pogo stops walking out of the door to turn and face me fully. "Unfortunately, we do that. That would have been a huge help to me," He states, motioning to his cane.

"I'm sorry we never thought about that Pogo. Can you tell Allison I will be there as soon as possible? I just need to get down the stairs." He nods before he turns back around again and continues his walk. I move the thin fabric of the sheets off of me and turn my gaze to my wounded leg. The bandage around my right leg is prominent against my skin. I slowly move my legs to the edge of my bed. The shorts riding up my legs. A pain is felt as I try to move my right leg. Reaching down I grab it to help it move. I look around the room to see the crutches placed beside the bed in arm's reach. I grab them and put them under my arms. Looking down I notice that my shirt had been changed as well and I was now wearing a black shirt with the saying 'Beelieve in yourself' with a bee on it. I cringe remembering when Diego gifted it to me as a joke.

I place my bare feet on the cold linoleum flooring. I swing a bit to stand up placing all my weight on my left foot. My right leg up like some awkward flamingo. Readjusting the crutches a bit I swing them forward to propel me in the right direction. I continue this awkward progression of walking until I reach the top of the stairs. I stair down into the entryway and sigh heavily. I turn and continue my hobble to my room deciding to change first so I don't have to come back up the stairs. Standing by my closet I look around trying to decide what the best thing to wear would be. I attempt to take a step forward before pain blossoms from my thigh and pulsates down my leg. I cringe in pain and nearly cry out. I forgot about my wound. Using the crutches this time I successfully move forward and am able to ruffle through my drawers to find what I am looking for. Grabbing a pair of black sweatpants I quickly turn and crutch my way to the bathroom. I change my pants quickly being gentle with my leg. The bee shirt stays on my body figuring that it was fine. Grabbing my crutches I walk back out of my room to only be stopped by my enemy again, the stairs. My leg flings out as I kick it sitting down and leaving it straight.

A loud sound echoes throughout the entryway as my crutches land at the bottom of the stairs. I scoot down the stairs using my arms to hold me up and my good leg to pull me down. A sweat quickly begins to build as I work my muscles. My butt hits the bottom stair with a heavy thud and I lean over huffing. "Not going up those stairs again unless someone can carry me down," I mumble.

Quickly remembering that Allison was waiting on the phone I grab the crutches again. The cushioned handles being gripped I walk down the hall to the phone. Catching my breath I grab the phone and place it between my shoulder and my ear. "Hello?" I call out.

"Asha! Hi. I wanted to ask you for a favor. It has to do with Vanya." Allison's soft voice filters through the phone.

Shifting my stance I lean my back against the wall, using it to support my weight. "Is she okay?" I ask, worry seeping into my voice.