🎭32

"Jimin? Hoseok? What are you doing here?"I questioned them, raising an eyebrow from feeling a tremendous amount of confusion and surprise seeing them here. "We're here to visit a friend." Jimin suddenly spoke, making my brain instantly attach onto his words. He looked over my shoulder, the expression on both of their faces becoming serious and timid. They were looking at someone who was on the end of the hallway, many meters behind me. "There he is." Hoseok whispered to Jimin, both of them swallowing a hard lump in their throats.

In another moment of confusion, I looked over my shoulder to see who they were looking at. To my shock, it was Taehyung. They were looking at him. And Taehyung looked really bad. His face was still pale and his eyes were baggy, that this time his cap couldn't hide, because he didn't have it all. Taehyung's usual charming and uplift posture was replaced by a very hunchback and a timid one. He was wearing a white t-shirt and one of his flannel shirts, making it look extremely ironical that he wore clothes in color that are supposed to be worn when happy, not after a mental breakdown. Suddenly, Taehyung looked up.

It happened again. That scared and frozen look corrupted all of his facial features, making him blink many times out of nervousness. Taehyung's eyes observed a lot in those few short moments. The look of shock was present as soon as he saw Jimin and Hoseok, which made him stop all his movements. Then his eyes found mine, and I couldn't quite decide what went through his head. Did a beautiful thought of me caressing his skin even cross his mind, or was he thinking about pure frustration that I stopped him from killing himself? Did he feel shame or unluckiness upon seeing me? Why was he killing me in this way?

Then Taehyung suddenly moved, his steps coming towards us, making my heart race to an incredible rate. "Dahyun? What's going on?" Minjee asked in a worried tone. I ignored her question and turned my attention towards Jimin and Hoseok, making them instantly look into me. "You guys know Taehyung?" I asked in a timid tone, scared of their response. Their eyes slightly widened and eyebrows furrowed. "You know Taehyung?" Jimin asked out of confusion whilst Hoseok tried to sink in every word. "Yeah." I nodded. I felt Taehyung standing behind me, making my body weak yet wanting to be the strongest I could be. "Dahyun." I heard Taehyung's voice break off the silence. I quickly turned around and observed him in a numb way that I couldn't tame down. I hated him for making me feel that way. Especially today, especially after how we spent our night together. He opened his mouth to speak up, at first completely focusing on me. "dah-" Taehyung tried to speak but I couldn't bare to hear his voice. His voice hit every nerve of my body and cut deep into my brain, making me want to crawl my eyes out of a sudden frustration over love. Maybe it was me. Maybe it was him, or both of us that experienced a change all of a sudden and stopped focusing on all those daisies.

My reasonable self was suppressed by once again angry and tainted version of myself, catching me completely unprepared. "Taehyung, how do you know them?" I cut him off, pointing towards Jimin and Hoseok. His attention switched to them, that pained look appearing on his face again. It really made me wonder how Taehyung knew them, and if this world really is that small of a place for such random people to have connections. Mouse's face showed such panic after hearing my question. My mind immediately travelled to many thoughts, trying to figure out if Taehyung fit in any previous chapter of my life in this hospital. Suddenly, many questions arose inside of my troubled mind.

Why did Taehyung choose me to be his roommate if the nurses warned them about me being the way I am? could he have possibly knew me through Jimin and Hoseok? Did he see me before, and was he already here for visitation multiple times? Some things started to make sense. I tried to connect him to Jimin and Hoseok, my two ex ward mates. From the start, calling them mates would be a slight contradiction. They weren't my enemies, but they were the two most quiet kids I met in my life. Their shyness annoyed me, so I tried my best to provoke them. As soon as I gave up on doing that, they showed to be quite something. Their characters weren't as blank and plain as I thought they would be. Jimin immediately threw jokes my way once seeing the playful disappointment in my eyes. It made me puzzled, but I managed to laugh along. Although Jungkook didn't like them, I often watched their smooth movements as they danced along, both sharing that passion with each other.