Chapter 10

I woke up in a hospital bed. My shoulder was bandaged, and it felt numb. I looked over to my right, and Shadow was laying there; playing with my hair. "Are you alright?" It was Aaron. "Yea, I think so," I told him. Aaron hugged me. "It was only my shoulder, I'm ok," I told him. Shadow squealed and hugged my arm. I smiled. "How did you get here, little guy?" I asked Shadow. "Mitchell dropped him off here. He's getting everyone some McDonalds. Judi is getting baby food for Shadow. I don't know what Fall is doing, but she should be here soon," Aaron responded. I sat up and hugged Shadow. "Thank God you're alright!" I sighed, relieved. Shadow cooed in responce. 

      While I was playing with Shadow, Lyra walked in. Lyra was one of my best friends. She went on vacation for a week, so she hasn't met Shadow yet.. "Oh my God, are you ok?" She asked, worried. "Yea, I'm fine. It's just my shoulder," I told her. "What happened?" She asked, staring at Shadow. I told her the whole thing. She was shocked, and told me she was sorry she missed it.

    Judi and Mitchell walked in; both had bags in their hand. "I brought baby food, so you have something to feed Shadow," Judi said, setting the bag on the floor. "I got McDonalds," Mitchell said, throwing me two cheeseburgers. "We all get two. If Fall doesn't show up, we have two extra," He told me. "I also got a large fry for each of us." "This is why you're my friend," I told him. "You bring me food, and food makes me happy!" I laughed. 

    After I ate, I fed Shadow some baby food. Gladly, Judi brought a spoon, too. "So, when can I get out of here?" I asked. "Either tonight or tomorrow morning. They need to x-ray your shoulder and sew it up. While you were asleep, they bandaged your shoulder; and let you rest," Aaron informed me. I sighed. *I hate having to stay in the hospital. I can't do anything!* "Don't worry; we will be here to keep you company!" Lyra said, trying to cheer me up. "Yea, I'll stay too!" Judi said. "Sorry, but I have to go," Mitchell said, walking out. "I have to call Mom and Dad, and tell them you're ok," Aaron said, walking out behind Mitchell. Shadow curled up on the bed, and fell asleep. 

    "When will I be x-rayed?" I asked my friends. "Soon, probably," Lyra told me. "The doctor didn't write anything on the white board, so we don't know anything," Judi added. I waited for a while; hoping the doctor would show up soon. *The earlier he shows up, the earlier I can get out of here!*  After about 30 minutes, the doctor walked in. He was fat and bald. He had a big brown mustache. "Hello, I will be your doctor today. My name is Dr. Eggman."

//AN: sorry for taking so long to update. I had writers block. I hope you guys like it!//