Thirteen

I open my eyes as I let out a quiet groan. My whole body aches from being attacked just moments ago. My vision is blurred at first, but once I blink a couple of times I notice Alex sitting beside me. I glance over at him seeing him staring at me before looking away. I look away and towards where he's looking and saw that the door that we came in is blocked. My eyes widen when I saw the reason why. Undead is on the other side trying to get in, and there's a lot of them. I sit up quickly wincing and hissing from the pain as this is very bad. I look around the small diner and saw Savanna with a kitchen knife at one of the broken windows. I look around for Alice and saw her by the other window blocking it with chairs. What happened when I was passed out? I wondered confused. How did the undead found out where we were? I stand up making Alex stand up with me, and I'm confused why but realized why when I almost collapsed onto the ground again.

"Be careful Loki, you were just attacked remember?" Alex says and I noticed that he's holding a broken piece of a chair leg.

I shake my head at him as I don't care as we need to get out of here. I look around the diner trying to see if I can find another way out of here. Those chairs and tables won't hold them back forever. Diners usually have backdoors right? I thought as I look behind me. The doorway where I was attacked is the only option but what if there's undead back there as well? I shake my head as we just have to hope that it's clear for us. I turn back towards Alex indicting for him to get Alice and Savanna then to follow me. Alex furrows his eyebrows confused but seems to get it when I gestured it again. I started limping towards the back as Alex went to get the girls. I peek inside the back and saw that it's the kitchen, and I look around making sure there's no other undead or any other of those creepy-ass ones in here. It's safe.

I start walking through the kitchen and towards the back, and I hear the others behind me. I glance behind me seeing them all have strange looks on their faces. Do they not trust me? I wonder. I guess it would make sense for them to not trust me, but still, it hurts to know that they don't trust me. I shake my head as we reach the backdoor, and before I open it I try to listen to see if I can hear anyone on the other side. Sounds safe. I thought feeling relief as I open the door slowly. There's no undead out here but only out in the distance. How lucky for us. I wave my hand at the others to tell them to head to the house down the road. They nodded before making sure it's safe before running towards the house that I pointed at. I stay where I was at the moment as I feel pain everywhere, and to be honest I'm not sure what I should do.

Shaking my head I follow suit meeting them inside of a brown house. The door was unlocked and it looked like there was a struggle. An undead must've gotten inside. I thought feeling guilty for the person who lived here. My eyes widen at the inside of the house though as it seems bigger on the inside than it does on the outside. I noticed that the couches are up against the windows trying to block them. I look around and noticed that even though there was a struggle, it looks like someone else took over this place. I don't know if that's good or bad. I thought slightly worried. I peek into the kitchen and noticed that Savanna and Alex are peeking inside a pot that looks like it's cooking something. I took a deep breath in and smelled that it smells like soup that's cooking. Someone is living here which means we are in danger, more precisely Alice as I are the ones in danger.

"This smells so delicious." Savanna says smelling the soup.

"It's making me so hungry." Alex says licking his lips.

"Do you think they would mind if we take a small bowl?" Savanna asks with hunger-filled eyes.

"I mean, probably but maybe they would be okay with it when they realized we haven't had a decent meal in days." Alex says already grabbing two bowls.