Chapter Two

Niall's P.O.V.

I was walking towards the school that next morning when a pair of small, soft hands wrapped themselves around my eyes, covering them. I smiled and paused patiently.

"Guess who!" Her cheerful voice called in my ear. I pretended to think about it for a second.

"Hmmm...Michael Jackson? No, wait, he's dead. Chris Farley? Wait, he's dead too! That means it can only be one person..." I wiped around and squeezed Chloe's sides. She squealed and we both errupted into laughter. "Chloe!" I cheered.

"How did you know it was me?" She gasped playfully. I just smiled and quickly pecked her lips.

"Mmm...lucky guess?" I replied, a wide smile on my face.

"Can I get a piggy back ride?" Chloe begged with her signature puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes, turning around and squatting. Chloe jumped up onto my back, my hands holding her firmly under her knees. I walked towards the school with Chloe on my back. We had only been together for a few weeks now but I already really liked her. She was bubbly and happy and funny.

We were nearing the school courtyard when I saw that Harry kid from a few of my classes. He was reading a book by himself underneath a tree. I jogged over to him, Chloe still on my back.

"Hey Harry!" I greeted as we approached him. He looked up and squinted at us in the bright morning sunlight.

"Um, hi." He replied. I dropped Chloe from my back and adjusted my football bag. Chloe noticed.

"I thought the season was over?" She told me.

"I'm doing private training sessions now." I told her. She nodded in understanding. I turned to Harry. "What about you, mate? You play football?" I asked. Nothing wrong in being friendly, right? Harry shrugged.

"I used to play it with my friends but never for a team." He said.

"It's fun, innit? Kicking the ball into the net as you score the winning goal..." I dreamed, mesmerized by the memory.

"Niall likes to remenisce in the fact that he scored the nailbiting goal against our rivals last season." Chloe said. I blushed and looked down. "He just loves to tell people about it too."

"Not all the time! Just to people who weren't there!" I specified. Chloe and I laughed while I noticed Harry was dissolved into his book again, not listening to a word we were saying. Chloe noticed too.

"Let's just leave. He's obviously an unfriendly introvert." Chloe whispered in my ear. I sighed. I lightly kicked Harry's uniform shoes.

"See ya in English, mate." I said. Harry just nodded, not taking his eyes from his book. Chloe and I began to walk away while I pondered why he was so distant.

~*~

Harry's P.O.V.

Unfriendly introvert

The words rang in my ear over and over again. I wasn't unfriendly. I just didn't want to talk. What's wrong with that? I wasn't looking for the bubbly friendship of Niall and his girlfriend. I just wanted the year to be over.

The bell rang throughout the courtyard and I stood up, gathering my things. I made my way to the English hall and into the classroom. I wasn't the only one in there, but I was among the first.

Niall walked in soon after. His hair was touseled, although messier than usual, and his lips were slightly and almost unnoticably swollen. Make out session with his girlfriend? I'd assume so. He sat next to me without a word, which was quite strange.