°~ 11 ~°

°~Darryl's PoV~°

We were heading towards 4 muffinteers' little house, as we liked to call it, to tell my friends about the sleepover I'll be having. I was a bit anxious about leaving them alone since I usually make us food and keep everything under control. Now that I'll be gone for such a long time, even though it doesn't seem long, I'm not sure how they'll act. I just hope they don't burn the house down.

As we got closer, something felt off. Skeppy didn't seem to notice it, yet I was sure something had happened.

'Please say it's not what I think it is.'

When we got to the house, I heard a small sobs coming from the inside. I told Skeppy to stay outside for a bit and he nodded. I slowly opened the door where I saw Sapnap on the floor crying. I immediately sat next to him squeezing him into a comfortable hug. He started to calm down and I saw Skeppy peeking through the door.

"What happened?" I asked Sapnap with the softest voice I could make when he finally calmed down a bit.

"They took him." He mumbled out in my shoulder. "They took him, Bad..."

My face went pale. I didn't know who was Sapnap talking about, but it must've been someone very important to him.

"Who took him?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"I'm not sure." He let go of my hug and was now sitting right in front of me with his head down. "They were wearing dark clothes and mask on their face and I was more focused on... Karl..." His voice started to crack at the end and he started crying again hugging me to try and find some comfort.

I felt relieved for a bit knowing it wasn't George or Dream, yet I still felt bad for Sapnap as he lost, by the looks of it, someone very dear to him.

"We will save him." I said as I hugged him tighter.

"Thank you." He murmured out calming down again.

I couldn't let them win. Not this time. Now I'm stronger than before and I have friends who will help me, friends whom I can trust.

... Friends. Should I even consider myself as a friend to them? I've lied to them so many times, I've tricked them even more and I kept so many secrets from them. I didn't want to, but I had to. Otherwise, they'd just kill me without letting me explain anything.

I heard George and Dream coming inside the house and asking Skeppy some questions, but I was already lost in my thoughts. I finally came to when someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I snapped from my trance and looked up to see Dream with his mask off. His green eyes, which were a bit different shade than mine, were filled with worry.

'What happened?' Dream mouthed the words pointing to Sapnap who was still hugging me tightly. Luckily, he wasn't crying anymore, but I could still hear a few sniffs every now and then.

"Are you feeling a bit better?" I asked him trying to make an eye contact, but failed.

"A bit. Can we go now?" He asked looking at me with a hope in his eyes.

"First, you need to explain some things. For example, who is Karl." He sighed and looked at all of us.

~~~

"I met Karl a few months ago." He started when we all got into a comfortable position, Skeppy, Sapnap and I on couch, George on armchair and Dream leaning against the wall.

"Go on." I said as I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I was just walking around and I hadn't really been looking where I was going, so I soon found myself on some random clearing. There, I saw a small house. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to investigate. That's when I first met Karl. Soon we became pretty close friends and that's pretty much it."

"A few weeks ago," Dream spoke up and we all turned our attention to him, confused on what he was saying, "I followed him thinking he was working with someone bad. That's how I found out and why I covered for him so many times."

"Makes sense." George said turning his gaze back to Sapnap. "Do you know where they took him?"

"Yes. When I first escaped using my smoked to get away, I followed them. I wanted to attack them, but I was afraid of them controlling Karl again..." Sapnap's voice started to break down again and I put my hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Wait? Controlled?" I knew that word would perk Dream's interest knowing he would do anything in his power just to get his revenge on dark category.

"Yeah... Looks like those theories were right." Sapnap tried to make a joke and form some sort of a smile.

"But, if there is a lot of them, how are we going to take them on? They could easily just control our minds." George asked with worry.

"There can't be a lot of them, most of them were executed. Plus, their ability is short-lived. They won't be able to do a lot of damage to us. Let's make a quick plan." Dream took the initiative. "Sapnap, tell us how does the place where they took Karl looks like."

"It was a cave, not sure how deep it was since they covered the entrance. There were two guards also."

"Hm, okay. George can use the illusion to lure one of them out and then I could make them fall asleep, one by one. Then, we tie both of them up and go inside. Now inside is a whole different story. We don't know what we will encounter, so everyone be ready with their powers. Skeppy?" Dream now turned his gaze to him.

"He won't go." I said before anyone.

"What do you mean?! I'm more than capable!" Skeppy started to whine.

"Sorry, Skeppy, but you can't, it's too dangerous. It's for the best if you just stay here."

"I don't know, Bad. We could use another pair of hands." Dream said and I could clearly see he was taunting me. He was onto me, I knew it. But the question is, how much dors he know.

"What if they start controlling him, I won't be able to bring myself to fight." I said arguing back, even though it was hopeless. Maybe if I told them...

But I can't. I promised myself never to show anyone that side of me. They don't have to know, they can't know.

After all, I am one of the people they want dead. I'm dark category.

_________________

Word count: 1126
24 Mar 2021

1K READS??? WHA- I-
THANK YOU

Yes you
The one who is reading this right now.
You look bootiful btw

Love you all ♡